New Pool Construction Project in Houston: 2nd Time is a Charm

Fire the bookmaker....they showed up tonight to continue working, not noon tomorrow like I was projecting. Anyway, it's only the plumbers tying in the autofill line to my irrigation back flow preventer and finishing the gas line run. That gas pipe is huge! I guess it takes quite some volume to run a 400,000 BTU heater. Unfortunately, I've not got any new pics. But in looking through some old ones, I'm glad to see that my grotto is a lot smaller than Twolabs' grotto. This way I can keep my backyard to myself and not have to worry about Glock and/or his adopted sister trying to claim the cave as their own!

15766731711_c219fb82b9_c.jpg

Fire the bookmaker....they showed up tonight to continue working, not noon tomorrow like I was projecting.
Man, I would have been out money too - I was betting with you on that one. However, I suppose having 60 degree weather makes a difference for the subs coming out to work.

But in looking through some old ones, I'm glad to see that my grotto is a lot smaller than Twolabs' grotto. This way I can keep my backyard to myself and not have to worry about Glock and/or his adopted sister trying to claim the cave as their own!
You can never be too sure of that.....

I'm glad to see that my grotto is a lot smaller than Twolabs' grotto. This way I can keep my backyard to myself and not have to worry about Glock and/or his adopted sister trying to claim the cave as their own!

15766731711_c219fb82b9_c.jpg

Haha! Oh nay nay! We like to call that an "efficiency"! Like a log cabin. A place you go when you're not going to be inside all the time. It'll be fine! :D

That looks like it would be just the right size for ME! I do not need much room. LOL

I am loving how all of us are watching and enjoying all of the build treads and "helping" each other! This is such a great forum with great people!

Kim

I'm glad to see that my grotto is a lot smaller than Twolabs' grotto. This way I can keep my backyard to myself and not have to worry about Glock and/or his adopted sister trying to claim the cave as their own!

Nah, thats what I call cozy! Plenty of room, and I totally don't mind if I can't feel my toes after being squished in there for a few hours. It builds character...

How can I use all of this excitement to my advantage? Hmm....I think I'm going to rent out the grotto to the highest bidder. I like cash. And IPA (the beer, not the industrial chemical). And my front yard could use some landscaping help.... :deal:

Any offers?

Just saying...

More progress....

Plumbers showed up to check on the pressurized gas and auto-fill lines prior to calling city inspector. Gotta get the pipes through inspection before we can form and pour the decking base layer. Still might be able to pour the decking this week, but I'm not holding my breath.

This part is kind of important, because I need to have a firm base so I can use a ladder to hang the Christmas lights on the roof line.

Trenches & Mud = no ladder = no :santa: lights = unhappy wife = miserable life

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to our pool-building party, Zethacat!

- - - Updated - - -

OK...I learned 2 things today.

1. My PB says the pool should be filling with water in 3 weeks, but this is dependent upon the boulder impression crew and how fast they can finish my decking.

2. I should never try to take panoramic photographs. Here is a pano from the top of my waterfall slide. It's the only way to capture everything all at once....but it also messes with the perspective. From this pic, my decking looks tiny. Funny how that works...

15788965885_39d038bd7b_c.jpg

Thanks for looking out for me, Zethacat. Earlier this week, they trenched the 4" PVC drain line and hooked in 5 deck drains, fire pit drain, 3 planter drains, 3 downspout drains, and my overfill drain. Any overfill will have a one-way ticket to the pop-up drain at the curb.

I've been watching these guys like a hawk. Today they were setting the forms for my decking. Of course they are going on my PB's design, but nobody is measuring anything. The did a nice job of replicating the drawings, by I'm glad I was here so I could make some changes that make our space more usable. I really love the Houston convention of having every other Friday off and working from home on the Fridays that we do work! God Bless Texas!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.