New Pool - Cloudy Water

CYA doesn't affect combined chlorine, it's like a sunscreen for your chlorine. It protects it.

Combined chlorine is the amount of chlorine in your pool that actively fighting a battle against organic material. Read about pool water chemistry a few times, it'll make more sense after you do that.

Your SWG can NOT shock your pool. Attempting to do so only shortens the life of your cell.

forgabog... you are right there is something going on. this morning my salt level was at 3000... I am now down to 2400. SWG shut off saying too little salt. Am i creating too much Chlorine? It is set running 50% running all 24 hours at 1000RPM on the pentair intelliflo pump.

i took a sample of the water to another pool store today and the report was completely different. Someone's machine is not working! Fortunately my test kit has come in.
PH 7.5
FC 4.5
CC 0.5
TC 5.0 (4.5+0.5?)
TA 190
CH 200
CYA 30

It appears chlorine is a bit high so I have slowed down the SWG to 20%. My pump stays on 24 hours at 1000 RPM. My TA is abit high. Should I take measures to try lower it or am I ok?

For a CYA of 30 4.5 is about the middle of the suggested range so I wouldn't lower it much. Your CYA is low for a swcg system. Is that from your test kit?

Just by keeping the pH adjusted you'll lower the TA over time. If it's not creating a problem with the pH I wouldn't worry about it in itself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.