New pool build

superjay

Feb 28, 2024
Austin
Thoughts on the proposed 17,000 gallon build? We aren't looking to cut corners here, so if there a quality of life improvements to be made, we'd likely choose to go that way.

chrome_QEDr0ZgTel.png

Equipment:
  • Pump - Filter - Pentair 3 HP Pentair Intelliflo VSF
  • Pump - Water Feature - Pentair Whisperflo
  • Filter - Pentair TR100 30" SM Triton II Sand Filter with Glass Media
  • Cleaner - Polaris Alpha IQ IG Robotic Cleaner with Caddy
  • Inline Feeder - CMP Powerclean Utlra VS Inline Feeder w/ Clear Lid - 25280
  • Heater - 400K BTU IID MAX-E-THERM NG LOW NOX HEATER
  • Control - Polaris Alpha IQ IG Robotic Cleaner with Caddy
  • Lights - (6) Pentair Colored Microbrites
  • Start-up Kit - Telepole, Nylon Brush, Leaf Rake, Backwash Hose, DE Powder, 3" Tabs, Shockwave, Stabilizer, Water Test Kit, Muriatic Acid
Forms & Steel:
  • Forms - Wood forms per approved elevations
  • Shell - 1/2 inch steel rebar on 9 inch centers throughout pool
  • Bond Beam - 1/2 inch steel #4 rebar

Plumbing & Electrical:
  • Piping - Schedule 40 PVC up to 2 1/2 inch
  • Returns - 4 Schedule 40 PVC pool suction inlets with anti-vortex covers
  • Skimmers - 2 Skimmers with equalizer lines for optimal performance
  • Cleaning - Polaris Alpha IQ IG Robotic Cleaner with Caddy
  • Fill Line - Not Selected

The automation control is not listed - appears they inserted the pool cleaner twice.

I would forgo the sand filter and go with a cartridge filter as it is easier to maintain.

It is best to have the 2 skimmers independently plumbed back to the equipment pad as that allows for better control and suction balance
It does seem like there are many steps and are they really needed on both sides of the pool.

Are the 4 circles a sitting area in the pool? If so, that could be an issue to clean around.

Have you considered a saltwater pool? That is much easier to maintain - especially in the hot summers when chlorine demand is high.

They sure did list it twice, I just noticed that!! The stairs on the left are only to get to the pool bar stools... the main stairs are on the left.

We hadn't even discussed a saltwater pool tbh, but we did discuss cleaning around the bar stools for sure. I asked the builder if it would make sense for some sort of in-floor cleaning for around there at least.

They sure did list it twice, I just noticed that!! The stairs on the left are only to get to the pool bar stools... the main stairs are on the left.

We hadn't even discussed a saltwater pool tbh, but we did discuss cleaning around the bar stools for sure. I asked the builder if it would make sense for some sort of in-floor cleaning for around there at least.
I have been in a pool where they had bar type stools but they were removal. Basically there was a pocket in bottom of pool to mount the pole and seat. So that allowed removal for easy cleaning that area of the pool .

I personally don’t think you need steps to access the bar stools or even from the Baja sun deck. People can just jump in or enter from the steps on the far right. On the right if the spa was flipped to the lower side then it would create a swim lane from the spa to the opposite wall (remove the steps) in front of the sun deck. Just an idea for those that may want to do some laps. Currently there is no clear lane as it goes from spa to bar stools and steps (on right) to steps (on left), Just my view of the current set up.

Having removable bar stools is an awesome idea!!

Removing the steps to the stools is definitely something we'll workshop in the design software. We just decided on a pool builder and are fine-tuning the build, so thank you all for the suggestions! Please keep them coming! (I just asked about the control, since the robot was CTRL-V'd there accidentally)

Reactions: HermanTX