New Pool Build with Grotto/Slide/Waterfall- Temecula, Ca

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the first rule, "In this pool do not pee, or because of thee you will have to flee!"

Wow! Beautiful design and nice house. We are not that far from you, Escondido, Ca. Our pool is in the works too and after reading all this I feel like I'm in over my head. We have so much to learn about pools. I don't know where our skimmer will be located. I'm going to have to figure out how to post photos so I can share our pool build too.

Wow! Beautiful design and nice house. We are not that far from you, Escondido, Ca. Our pool is in the works too and after reading all this I feel like I'm in over my head. We have so much to learn about pools. I don't know where our skimmer will be located. I'm going to have to figure out how to post photos so I can share our pool build too.

It's not too terible just be sure it's all dialed in before signing the contract,

I made the mistake of hey this all will be this and that all be that for our patio and all said and done the pb salesman slipped in a sq footage for the patio stone without ever measuring it, I added a plus minus in the contract before signing incase it's off so we will see how that goes. We're meeting tomorrow am to discuss that and the art rock finishing

Anyhow the patio is close to what's needed but with some changes they made to the upper deck from art rock to decking it's probably going to go over the set amount so that +- will be handy as there is no set amount above or below

waiting to see how the meeting goes. I hope it goes smooth and they do the right thing!

Kim

Still no rock guys... Patio is coming along nicely though! Got the steps poured and all the patio bases poured, these guys hand mixed all the concrete in a wheel barrel- tough sobs, stone work is done on the upper pool deck and steps and the old seating wall by the fire pit is demolished and re structured. Pics to come later this week, its actually good I guess for the rock guys to wait as the painting should hopefully match a lot better and any other little touch ups around the stone can now be added to their plate. Only downside is as we finish this all up our schedule is slammed the next two weeks with work and a trip so hopefully it all works out and we can fill ideally by 1st week of april if all goes well.

Very nice! Is that a stone veneer (i.e. Boulder Creek product) on your wall and steps? If so, what type and color is it?

Also, is your pool tile actually flagstone? If so, and if you're planning for a salt water system, what is your plan for sealing and cleaning that surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pretty! I love it!

Kim

thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! Is that a stone veneer (i.e. Boulder Creek product) on your wall and steps? If so, what type and color is it?

Also, is your pool tile actually flagstone? If so, and if you're planning for a salt water system, what is your plan for sealing and cleaning that surface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a stacked stone veneer by east west stone. KRC rock in San Marcos, Ca was the supplier for our job. Believe it or not too not the original color we chose, the pb ordered it wrong and we happened to love it. Ill update the color name but it is a natural finish vs the flat veneer finish so it looks more natural

Just ordered my TFT 100 Test kit :pirat:

Patio should be done today! So onto finishing off the concrete the cut by the pool equip, rebuild entry wall, pool alarms and gate hinge/top lock, electrical this week and hopefully we pass pre plaster and can plaster next week.

Rock guys finally showed up and made some finishing touches we wanted, convinced us that the slide and spillover are perfect as they are and they will come back out after its all done and full of water if we are not happy with it and fix it, ill be sure that one is in writing on an addendum before that payments made. They should hopefully paint the rocks and seal the slide this week as well. Overall I'm very satisfied finally, the one guy has been great to work with the other a royal pain in my ***, they also still have to clean up all their shotcrete overspray on my patio, we will see how that goes... its all coming together though finally! Hope for water next week!

Ill post pics tonight! Been super busy at work and teach on my off days at the fire academy this last week. We are thinking a custom stonescapes color called blue sea, anyone have it??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Mentally prepare yourself that they will have to modify your grotto/waterfall. With mine everything looked great until it was filled with water and then you could see that it wasn't flowing in an even sheet of water. He had to come back and add a few pieces to divert the water to flow correctly. I was bummed out because it changed the way the waterfall looked. Basically what I'm saying is cross your fingers and hope for the best but be prepared for them to have to grind down some high spots etc.

Mentally prepare yourself that they will have to modify your grotto/waterfall. With mine everything looked great until it was filled with water and then you could see that it wasn't flowing in an even sheet of water. He had to come back and add a few pieces to divert the water to flow correctly. I was bummed out because it changed the way the waterfall looked. Basically what I'm saying is cross your fingers and hope for the best but be prepared for them to have to grind down some high spots etc.

Thanks, hope not but we will see! Grout and patio are finished! They started rebuilding the exterior wall and we just need electrical, rock painted, and some concrete walkway by the equipment done and we can get our pre plaster Inspec on.

Oh Initial readings with water in and chems and salt added.

FC-2
PH- 7.6
TA-120
Salt 2800PPM

Just Getting ready to really start playing with the TFT kit, not going to lie its out of the box but I've yet to open it. Ive been a bad boy and relied heavily on the one month start up service while just monitoring their work and basic chems with their cheap kit that came at startup

Time to get into CYA and CH

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.