New Pool Build - TX

The aggregates I've seen done in our area are much more even in color and depth of cement around the exposed stones which is really what causes the disparity in color. A second acid wash should even it out and then if it's sealed it will look even better.

That is looking great! I do not envy the restraint you will have to exercise with regard to running your heater right after the pool is finished. The spa will be looking mighty tempting! At least you won't miss any swimming days when spring comes (not to jinx your build!).

That is looking great! I do not envy the restraint you will have to exercise with regard to running your heater right after the pool is finished. The spa will be looking mighty tempting! At least you won't miss any swimming days when spring comes (not to jinx your build!).

Tell me about it! Especially with this giant blast of cold air that came in today!

The aggregates I've seen done in our area are much more even in color and depth of cement around the exposed stones which is really what causes the disparity in color. A second acid wash should even it out and then if it's sealed it will look even better.

The deck is looking a little more uneven than it really is in these latest pictures. The deck is fairly dirty right now with dirt and dust from the stone cutting that was done yesterday. Some workers did show up today and told my wife they still have to acid wash it (again maybe? We thought they did it yesterday too).

I think the aggregate looks good the way it is. :crazy:
I still think it looks good too, but Ryno's deck (which I saw in person) looks fantastic. It is more of a beige color than the gray color that ours tends to be, and I don't recall seeing his with any variations in it. And I'm assuming that it was the same crew that did our decks so I'm just hoping mine will turn out like his!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks again for the compliments, we appreciate it! We really do like our flagstone, and I think they do great work. I've never seen tighter grout joints.

As far as an update, well not much of one. The last time they worked on our project was a week ago. No workers since then. They cut off the pipes in the pool and blew out the lines because of our big cold front that was coming in. They finished putting in some drains behind the retaining wall, and ran a lot of lights back to the panel. That has really taken a lot of time, since we have 16 accent LED lights and 4 pool lights, that's 20 lights that all have to have a run back to the panel.

They didn't come last week because "it was too cold to put down deck sealant", however there is still a lot of things that could be done. I was told last Thursday, "Maybe tomorrow, but more than likely Monday depends on the weather." Well of course yesterday we had a small dusting of snow, and so I guess they decided they didn't need to come. Today its bright sunshine and up to 50 degrees and with no workers, I got a text "be there tomorrow". Sigh....

I'm pulling for ya to get finished in a hurry, but the wagerin' man inside of me likes to handicap things. Anyone else want in? I'll set the over/under for your project to be the completion date of my pool. In other words, who's getting done first?

I'm waiting to see the pool full of water and vegetables! I'm rooting for it (pun not originally intended and then left in on purpose). I have to fly to Puerto Rico tomorrow for a business trip. I will be gone until Friday. When I come back - yours, Jay and my pool - work will be done! -Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.