Jul 8, 2014
Lodi Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi All,
We are nearing the completion of our new inground gunite pool. We are using liquid chlorine (SWG will void our warranty). I previously had Liquidator with my Intex pool that worked great and now I am going with a Stenner Pump. I would like to get the timer built in with the pump (Econ Series), with the stenner tank included. my question is sizing the stenner pump for my needs. I have an 18,500 gallon pool, in direct daylight in Northern Ca. I read some threads and how to choose and install a stenner pump which was a great read. The E10T2B stenner pump would deliver 8.55 gallons per day. I have a VS Jandy Pump (One for the Spa and one for the Pool) model VSPHP270DV2A. Appreciate in advance the help.

Thanks
Tim

You would need around 60oz of 12% bleach to be fed every day. You can do the math depending on how long you want your Econ pump to run, either in a single dosing or on several events of dosing. You can have 3 events dosing per day for a total of 24 events per week. So around 20oz dosing 3 times a day. That is in the period your pump is ON. So you get the idea.

I have the 10 gpd stenner and if I had to do it again I would go with the 22 gpd unit. With the 22 gpd it will run a little less than half the time. I have found that keeping everything as consistent as possible has the best results, my biggest factor is weather. If you are going to use 6% bleach the higher flow stenner makes for sense to me. I have my pool pump and stenner run off of wifi controlled smart light switches (the switches actually control a contactor so the switches don't see the inrush current), this make it easy to adjust the schedules and run times from an app on my phone. Also most Wifi switches store the schedules in them so if they loose the wifi they still follow the schedule.

During the Winter months most of the big box stores do not carry Chlorine year round, so that is why I was going to use the 6%, any ideas on where to get the 12% year round? If I can get it year round I would rather go with the 12%

That's is a question many of us have. If you can find a chemical supplier or cleaning supplies company that is willing to sell to you. Pool supply companies will normally only have it during the pool season

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
T,

The idea that a SWCG will void your warranty is total Bull Feathers. You have Jandy equipment and Jandy sells SWCG's, why would they do that if they caused damage?

Sorry, but it just does not make any sense to me.

What is your pool builder's excuse??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: PoolStored
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.