New Pool Build Pearland, TX (Houston area)

Here are some photos from yesterday as they framed our patio. It looks closer to the pool than originally planned. Inspector and roofers are coming tomorrow.

And in our area, this is how they do the bonding wire after gunite. It is clamped on 6 of the rebar loops. The electricians did this on Saturday.

That's exactly how they did mine too.

This seems to be the way in the Houston area, not sure what other areas do bonding like this.

It's been a while since I had a chance to peek in on your build. It's looking good! Interesting how they bonded the pool. Looks like lots of progress!

Thank you, we are pleased with the progress.

Today we have the patio inspector, roofers, and tile/coping crew here at the same time!

LOVE the roll top in the spa!! We got our HOA approval today and the last thing we have to decide is the spa spillover... I think I'll be showing your spa to my PB. Looks great! I'm following your build with hopes of breaking ground on mine in the next week to 2 weeks (my PB's dig crews are apparently a couple of weeks behind).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOVE the roll top in the spa!! We got our HOA approval today and the last thing we have to decide is the spa spillover... I think I'll be showing your spa to my PB. Looks great! I'm following your build with hopes of breaking ground on mine in the next week to 2 weeks (my PB's dig crews are apparently a couple of weeks behind).

Yay for HOA approval and hope your dig date comes soon! Thanks we are going to love it too and think it will be very comfortable.

That glass tile is sweet. This is going to be a gorgeous pool!

Thank you. :) We are loving the changing colors of this tile. It is amazing how different it can look in different light. Our kids call it peacock colors and fairy glass.

Dude the rolled edge is awesome! Putting all them little tiles in would be the death of me! Really like the veneer blocking also.

I haven't been called dude or called anyone dude since moving out here from California 13 years ago. Now I've been here long enough to pick up saying "you all", but thankfully not "ya'll" yet. LOL! Because of the roll of the edge they had to cut the tile into 1" strips to place them. The veneer blocking is the split face of the Silver travertine we used on the coping. I think it is 2" x 4".

that rolled edge looks real good! do you happen to know what color travertine you went with?

Thank you, we think so too. It is the silver travertine.

The rolled edge is awesome!

Thank you! We think it came out great. :)

Don't y'all love that split faced silver travertine?! And that tile is aptly described by your kids as fairy glass.

Btw, y'all is a great word! Fire, have you dropped saying "the" before talking about any freeways?? :D

That is SO pretty! Love the color picks! I saw how they were doing the spa. That was quite a bit of work! NICE job guys!

Fairy glass is the best name for it!

Kim:cat:

Thank you. The kids love it!

Don't y'all love that split faced silver travertine?! And that tile is aptly described by your kids as fairy glass.

Btw, y'all is a great word! Fire, have you dropped saying "the" before talking about any freeways?? :D

Oh yes, it is lovely. Just spoke with PB and they don't grout the seams on the split face and will replace the ones with holes in them like in the photo below.

I think I still use "the" sometimes when talking about the freeways, but it is rare now. :)

And the decking crew is here today!

yeah that one needs to go bye-bye for sure!

Y'all is a REAL word down here! Sorry LOL

Kim:cat:

LOL!

So they formed the deck and added the rebar and drains. They will pour the concrete on Wednesday. I just realized they didn't put in any expansion joints in the new deck, just where it meets the garage, house, and old patio deck. That's about 358' of deck with no "internal" joints? Does that seem ok?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.