New Pool Build - Mansfield, TX

So, a fair bit has happened since my last update. We got the coping and waterline tile finished, the rolled neck is mostly done (needs to be grouted), most of the tile on the grotto's inside is installed, electric is done and inspection is passed, the pergola is mostly done just a few items to add there. Though I made a mistake...and the wife isn't happy. When I had them install the electrical panel she didn't like where I had it placed. As a result we have a huge electrical panel right where the grotto is. As a result, i'm not having to put in a CO and have the PB install a fence to block the equipment. To make matters worse, and because the wife likes to have me spend money, she wants me to add a Torii arch to the privacy fence. /sigh

I've added some photos below to give an update on what things are looking like. That said, when we had the electrical inspection I was told that to comply with city code for fencing I have to have my neighbors flip the fence so the cross bar is on my side, and if my neighbors won't do it then I need to put up a fence in my yard. I need to do more research on this. That said, enjoy the photos and if you have any questions feel free to ask. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to put them out there too!

Attachments

• IMG_0529.JPEG
    IMG_0529.JPEG
    706.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0533.JPEG
    IMG_0533.JPEG
    591.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0534.JPEG
    IMG_0534.JPEG
    618.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0536.JPEG
    IMG_0536.JPEG
    548.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0543.JPEG
    IMG_0543.JPEG
    379.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0545.JPEG
    IMG_0545.JPEG
    558.3 KB · Views: 53
  • japan-kyoto-torii-gate-in-front-jaynes-gallery.jpg
    japan-kyoto-torii-gate-in-front-jaynes-gallery.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 55
I'll add more pictures here in a little bit. We finally got our decking. Took a while to get in due to the never ending rain we got here in TX. I could have sworn I saw Noah float by one day, I was kind of sad I wasn't on his Ark *sigh*. Got the fence issue resolved, i'll go ahead and claim victory on that. I do have a question though regarding the decking.

As I mentioned in the first post, we got rock stamped concrete. My wife and I had different opinions on what rock stamped concrete was. She was thinking cobblestone and I was thinking like the face of a rock. Well, I was right (don't tell her I said that!) and she's not happy. That said because she doesn't like the texture on the deck (not a fan, but is ok with it) and we didn't get "Cool Crete" should we go ahead and get that done? If so, does anyone have pricing they can share with me?

Reactions: joel98z
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.