New pool build - Little Elm, TX

LeLori said:
Sprinklers, sod and my fence getting put back up were the only major developments since my last update....BUT.....i finally found some POTS!!! I realize this is not the "decorating" forum, but finding these babies was almost as stressful as choosing tile and plaster. Almost.... :whoot:

Fountain grass would look good in those. They would be extra-awesome with a small landscape LED UP light in each pot to light the grass up at night.

Pebble Sheen was done today. Tomorrow they come and "expose" the finish, which im hoping brings out more of the darker stones and tones down the bright blue. Im kinda wishing i had gone with the black plaster, but im spending too much money to take risks like that. In fact, most of the bags they used were Black Pearl Pebble tec. At one point during the application, there was almost no blue and almost all black and i did love it. Oh well, the color i chose was only one shade down from black, so fingers are crossed that it'll look like it does in my head. And who knew that they used giant blow-torches on certain areas of the finish?! Very cool to watch. Tune in tomorrow for the result... :-D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 335
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 337
Wow!! Looks great. I have been watching your build and am so impressed. We too are going with Ocean Blue and it is supposed to be done next week. I was really excited when you decided on Ocean Blue, it has been hard finding pictures and seeing how people like the finish. Good luck tomorrow and keep the pictures coming!

BBODD said:
Wow!! Looks great. I have been watching your build and am so impressed. We too are going with Ocean Blue and it is supposed to be done next week. I was really excited when you decided on Ocean Blue, it has been hard finding pictures and seeing how people like the finish. Good luck tomorrow and keep the pictures coming!

Thank you so much, BBODD! I too had issues with finding good pictures of Ocean Blue Pebble Sheen and Im excited you chose that color too. It was tough to change my mind in mid-stream, but glad I did. I'll be excited to see your pictures too! :-D

LeLori said:
Pebble Sheen was done today. Tomorrow they come and "expose" the finish, which im hoping brings out more of the darker stones and tones down the bright blue. Im kinda wishing i had gone with the black plaster, but im spending too much money to take risks like that. In fact, most of the bags they used were Black Pearl Pebble tec. At one point during the application, there was almost no blue and almost all black and i did love it. Oh well, the color i chose was only one shade down from black, so fingers are crossed that it'll look like it does in my head. And who knew that they used giant blow-torches on certain areas of the finish?! Very cool to watch. Tune in tomorrow for the result... :-D

Where is the "Like" button? :?

Ok. Pool is about 75% full and the spa is next. I was worried about the spa being without water for a few hours, but my builder said it was ok. Lets hope he's right. Anyway, i LOVE the deep blue/teal color so far. Ive heard this color turns more blue with chemicals and time, but i wish it would stay this color forever! And yes, im aware that Im the only person on Earth that actually likes a greener tint. And Im ok with that. :-D Ill keep pictures coming! :goodjob:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 310
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 312

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That's a really nice pool and color is outstanding. Obviously your PB has a professional project manager behind the scenes making your install go on schedule and hopefully within the budget. Nicely done!

I wanna know something though. As any guy like me would, why haven't we seen any pics of the pump, the filter, and other equipment? I like that kinda stuff and I wanna see it too!

Divin Dave said:
That's a really nice pool and color is outstanding. Obviously your PB has a professional project manager behind the scenes making your install go on schedule and hopefully within the budget. Nicely done!

I wanna know something though. As any guy like me would, why haven't we seen any pics of the pump, the filter, and other equipment? I like that kinda stuff and I wanna see it too!

Divin Dave, i will absolutely post equipment pictures. As a girl, it never even occured to me that anyone would want to see that ugly stuff on the side of my house. But it does make sense. Be on the lookout for ugly equipment pics. :-D
About my builder and budget...my pool woulve been completed in 3 weeks, but we had several days of rain. Oddly enough, the leftover rain in the pool saved my little dogs life when she fell into the deep end on Friday. Scared me to death. If not for the rain, she wouldve hit bare concrete. Obviously now, i'm happy for the rain delay. This builder (Venture) is known for their quick build times and the only thing to cost me more than the contract price was the extra tile i ordered, just to have on hand. They seem to stay on schedule by having very loyal subs and back-to-back scheduling of work stages. Hardly any days of no workers, besides the rain. In fact, i might even miss them when theyre gone....(sigh)

Hopefully your little dog will not develop psychosis from the traumatic event that happened to it on Friday. :) I can't help but laugh a little bit when I imagine in my mind the dog falling in the dirty water. :lol:
I suppose the rain was indeed handy for more than just helping cure the drought we've had the past couple of summers. Thank goodness!

Bring on the equipment pics!

Sorry for the poor quality of pool pictures, but with the darker plaster and still water, the pool only shows reflections. Looks like a mirror. I cant seem to get one yet that shows how pretty the plaster really is. Ill keep trying though. Until then, here's some pics of the equipment (as requested :goodjob: ) and a couple of how the water looks with the glass tile. Tomorrow is the start-up and pool-school. So excited! :whoot:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 285
Frisco5 said:
Looks really good, I am excited for you.

Did you get an Ozone system with your pool? I heard a lot of people talking about them and I can't remember if you said you got one.

Thank you, Frisco5! I did not go with the Ozone system, based mostly on what i had read on here. I do, however, have a friend who swears by his. For me, it saved $700 on my estimate.

Divin Dave said:
nice nice nice! and I dig that ugly equipment too! Looks like a pretty nice plumbing job!

Thanks, Divin Dave! Since I know nothing about plumbing, im hoping its done correctly! Ill be putting pea gravel and flagstone pavers around the equipment. Im also thinking of spray painting the white pipes, a dark brown. Just to tone down the ugliness. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.