New Pool Build - Katy, TX

Suz! NO talk of school or Kindergarten! It is SUMMER and Schools out for the summer! I sang that as they walked to the busses LOL and as I walked in the door at home!

Kim

Oh, my apologies! Of all people, I should understand, but I've been retired too long. Now days I don't even know what day of the week it is - everyday is a weekend day!!! You do need your rest. We'll get back to you about a song later in the summer. Put your feet up! Suz.

LOL You should see my "to do" list. Not much feet uping around here. I mowed the house yard today (3 acres). I will do the pasture tomorrow 3.5 acres.

Of course my pool was waiting for me when I got done! LOL I jump in fully clothed! Love my pool!

Kim

Oh, my apologies! Of all people, I should understand, but I've been retired too long. Now days I don't even know what day of the week it is - everyday is a weekend day!!! You do need your rest. We'll get back to you about a song later in the summer. Put your feet up! Suz.

Everyday is a weekend day!!! WOW, I can't even imagine that, but I guess you have to earn that. That's what I am doing now, Friday 8 o'clock and I am stuck at work. Uggghhhh:(

I just finished 30 years of teaching Kindergarten. I went into the Florida DROP (Deferred Retirement Option Program) for 5 more years. THEN every day will be a weekend for me too!

Where do you work that you are stuck at work so late on a Friday? Poor thing!

Kim

Tropical Storm Bill decided we don't need plaster, coping, decking or any equipment and started filling our pool. In the mean time we are trying to determine what WetEdge plaster to go with. We want blue water and what my DW describes as "inviting" pool. The best way I can describe that is light blue with a bit of sparkle. Maybe I am totaly off and she wants singing mermaids with coping that has a Welcome sign on it. Either way we will try to have fun deciding no matter how frustrating it is. I know we don't want Pebble Matrix because the pebbles are too big. Any quartz is off the table also, even thouh it does add sparkle, the visible smears in cement and higher degree of maintenance are not an option. The rest of the pebble finishes are ok, but so difficult to zero in on a single one. There are so many variables that affect final color. Any advice?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Get samples of all of the color you have even thought about. Put them with the other stuff like tile and coping. Take pics and post them. If you can put them in your yard where the pool is going. We will help you spend your money! LOL

Kim

The rest of the pebble finishes are ok, but so difficult to zero in on a single one. There are so many variables that affect final color. Any advice?

Wet Edge has some good Youtube videos on choosing their finishes and colors. Also check out their website to see several pictures of pool with each finish. After I narrowed it down to one or two, I did a Google image search for each one and found several more pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Get samples of all of the color you have even thought about. Put them with the other stuff like tile and coping. Take pics and post them. If you can put them in your yard where the pool is going. We will help you spend your money! LOL

Kim
Sounds like an interesting idea. We will not have any tile. Probably will not be easy with boulder formation coping since its custom made on the spot. We will need talk about that to the builder, maybe we use real rock samples and then they will match the color. We are thinking of lime stone coping and waterfall so probably any blue plaster will look okay. My wife just wants to make sure its the "inviting" blue.

Wet Edge has some good Youtube videos on choosing their finishes and colors. Also check out their website to see several pictures of pool with each finish. After I narrowed it down to one or two, I did a Google image search for each one and found several more pictures.
Thanks for the info. We are going through the videos and pictures on their site. PB also brought us boxes of samples of Pebble and Satin Matrix. We will need to do image search on Google too. What we are worried about is that water can look very different depending on the trees, house color, and time of day pictures are taken. So no matter what, we are not picking a specific resulting water color, but a range. Understanding this range is most time consuming part.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

With our Wet Edge color selection we found 3 pools in our builders portfolio we really liked - they looked vastly different in color, but we liked all of them. Turns out it was the same color on all of them - so our choice was pretty easy.
We are just the opposite. We don't like any dark colors and most of the water color we see we don't like. I think we need to increase our circle of "like".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.