New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL

Anyone know if running the pump with the salt level being very low(2400ppm) is a problem for the salt chlorinator? My pool was recently drained by 40% to fix some tiles and the company owes me the salt they said they were going to put in. So far it's running at "very low" levels according to my chlorinator. I am supplementing liquid chlorine for the time being.

It has been about 7 months and I am having a few issues. Want to know if someone can shine a light on it before I go to the pool company for warranty purposes.

1. 5 days ago my chlorinator was saying my salt level is at 2550. I dumped 6 bags of salt in and it got the number back up to 3100(a little low per calculation I thought). Now 5 days later, my reading is at 2650. This doesn't sound right.

2. Are you guys usually experiencing a lot of water evaporation with an open pool this time of year in FL? I fill my pool every 4 days it seems. I fill it up to 4 inches on the tile marker, and refill at around 1.5 inch on the tile marker. I am on the lake so I do get more wind than usual.

3. My spa is losing a lot of water overnight (from 4 inches of tile to 3-5 inches below tile). What could be the problem here? Is there an actuator I need to adjust that can prevent water from escaping from the spa? Spa mode is not on. The return is connected to the spa in pool mode which gives it a small water fountain feature.

I'm going to get my water tested today to make sure the salt reading is correct.

2. Are you guys usually experiencing a lot of water evaporation with an open pool this time of year in FL? I fill my pool every 4 days it seems. I fill it up to 4 inches on the tile marker, and refill at around 1.5 inch on the tile marker. I am on the lake so I do get more wind than usual..

I have been experiencing this as well in FL. Do you have the heater on? The overnight lows and recent windy weather has made it even more noticeable. I see about 3" over a week. I was worried about a leak since it's a new pool. Have you tried the bucket test? I have performed the test and while it's not foolproof, it suggests it is mostly evaporation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mystery Solved! Apparently the salt conc is different between the water from the top and the bottom. I had my main drain off and was only running the skimmer for the longest time since I have a Dolphin robot. Just turned on the main drain and my salt ppm shot up to 5800! I'll let this pump run for a bit to mix the water up.

Overnight Chlorine Loss Test
Singguy! That is awesome info. How deep is your maindrain? That is something I am going to try to remember!

Kim:kim:

Main drain is 6 ft down at the deepest side. My salt level is at a perfect 3500 currently.

I do have a leak apparently. Did the skimmer mark test per PB and it was down an inch after 24h. They said it shouldn't evaporate more than 1/2 every 24. They will send out a leak detection company to help me look into it.

My daughter's first time in the pool!

received_10110606477261361_zpswui0adcb.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Pool Build In Winter Garden FL (Completed!)

Yeah, she's using the resort filter on her camera! I need to get one of those.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.