New Pool Build in Southern New Jersey

starrock77 said:
A 2HP pump is what the PB wrote on our contract. I think the pool is closer to 750 sq ft. It's a single speed pump. The DE filter that you see in the pics is not the correct one. I was told my unit was on back order and they just used another one so that they could install the multiport valve and do all of the plumbing. They will be replacing it with a bigger one at start up. So I do not know the size at this moment.
For DE we would recommend a minimum 84 sq. ft. (assuming 30000 gallons). I would revisit the pump choice... again 2-speed, and lower HP. Let us know if you want recommendations.

My PB doesn't recommend VS pumps. I can ask him however to put in a 1-1/2 HP pump instead. He did say that the freeform pool should be about 25-30k gallons when filled. We are getting plastered (Wet Edge Satin Matrix) tomorrow and I will start filling. I have a meter, so I will know exactly how many gallons go into the pool.

Do you have any high volume water features such as waterfalls, fountains? If not, then I think a ~ 1 hp pump would be a better fit.

What model of pump is he suggesting?

Definitely get a 2-speed, it is likely most of the time you will run on low and end up saving yourself some money.

That is way too much pump (even if uprated) for your pool. If you are going with the whisperflo, I would look at no larger than the wfds-4 (or wfds-26 which is the same pump as the the wfdds-4) which is a 1 hp full rated 2-speed. This is still likely more pump then you need.

You may want to consider the superflo (340042 SF-N2-1A) which is a 1 h.p. 2-speed that will save you even more electrical cost and be considerable cheaper (~ $150 less than the wfds-4 and almost $200 less than the single speed 2hp uprated whisperflo) while still be sized well for your pool.

We are now full of water. It took about 5 days of filling. We are on a well, so we didn't run 24/7. It looks to be about 28,000 gallons. I purchased a meter that works amazingly good. The color of the water should change from green to blue after filtering has begun.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.