New Pool Build in Oklahoma

Is the steel engineered, and are they following that, or do they just do them all this way.
Obviously if you have a engineer that stamped his approval on this then you are covered.

It looks like it is all #3 @ 12 on 12. I can not see it all in the pics.
You have a house load very close on one side, free standing wall on the other, and a fairly deep pool.

I would be 6" OC verticals on the entire house side, with 3" OC verts below 4'6", extending 2 1/2' into the floor.
On free standing side I would use a box beam, basically double wall where it is free standing, and below 4' 6" use 4" OC verts, around the entire deep end. Also want to beef up the break line across the bottom of the pool.
I looks like a 3 bar beam, a 4 would be the minimum in my opinion.
Remember you will be adding almost 150,000 lbs of water into this hole.

If Oklahoma is anything like where I live in Texas, there is no code enforcement. But you right, those drains are too close together.

Good call on the rebar also. I hadn't noticed that, where the girl is standing, is part of the house and not just covered patio. The steel should have been doubled up there so close to a load bearing wall. I'm sure the house foundation is just slab on grade. That's how we build'em :hammer:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think they used brick in my rebar as well. I am not very familiar with different pools, so my question is probably basic, but what are all the pipes coming up from the bottom of the pool for?

correct the pipes are in floor cleaning system. I don't know if there is anything I can do at this point about the rebar or the drains. The wall is 12"thick so I am not sure double rebar is necessary. Please let me know if I should be telling my PB to do something.

Attachments

• DSC_3898.JPG
    DSC_3898.JPG
    307.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_3899.JPG
    DSC_3899.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC_3900.JPG
    DSC_3900.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 92

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.