New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

Well, bad news of the day are......1st. the pool light is not working. The start up guy can not get it to turn on. The spa light is working and very pretty. Will add some pictures later. 2nd, my beautiful water wall with three water sheer descents are way too loud.....the start up guy turned them on today....it is like a Niagara fall in the back yard....not soothing at all. Hopefully, they can adjust the volume of water coming through the water features. The 3 sheer descents are powered by a dedicated 3HP pump. I thought it was excessive when they installed it, but they told me the bigger the better. It is always better to have more power than less.

ah rats, I said the same thing about our new sheer waterfall this past march. It's not like a waterfall where the water's been aerated by tumbling over rocks so it spills softly into the water. It's like having a kitchen faucet without the aerater in it: when it hits your hands it splashes everywhere.

So, the latest update on my pool is that THE CITY LOST ALL THE INSPECTION PAPERS AND FINAL INSPECTION CAN NOT BE PASSED UNTIL THEY PERFORM SOME REINSPECTIONS!!!! My PB had most of inspection records, but did not have a couple of them...so they said. So far, they have to inspect the PTrap, and failed....the inspector said there is no PTrap, but my PB said they installed one, and I can see some white pipes. They also have to reinspect the UG electric by the equipment pads, and totally messed up my landscaping around the equipment pad. Not happy.....not sure how this can happen????? My PB is not the first time building a pool, and why is like this I do not know. I am considering fileing a complaint somewhere. We paid for the pool more than 2 months ago, and I am still dealing with issues..

8ce35877c1621c7601b374552beab9b0.jpg
5d5928ae36153fbd286927dba20d0837.jpg
a94162d3cf4b9d7d780d78eb82c80a03.jpg

Last week I came home to this mess by the spa deck and equipment pad.... PB showed up unannounced and digged a big"hole" or shall I say a trench to expose the underground electric to get the reinspection done with the city. I was furious...... PB told me they just needed to dig a small hole by the equipment panel to show the depth of conduits..... But this was what they called small.....
I called the city inspection department myself to find out what was going on since PB was not telling me a thing.... Come to find out, according to the supervisor, my PB didn't called in underground electric inspection at the beginning of the build, not because the city lost all the papers of inspections as PB claimed. Of course, I was even more furious after learning the truth. I finally told the PB that if he does not rectify this situation and be fully responsible to any damage that is done to my pool, deck or anything, I will seek legal action. Of course, they were furious too and make accusation of me going behind their back, blah blah blah.......anyhow, I gave them 1 more week to sort this out with the city before they will hear from my legal counsel... Will see.

I am considering fileing a complaint somewhere. We paid for the pool more than 2 months ago, and I am still dealing with issues..

Make sure you file with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). This is where the PB's future customers will go to research them, and they need to see that there are active complaints (and the PB needs to resolve them!) out there. I researched all potential PBs that we were looking at, but only the ones with an A or A+ rating got a call from us to quote. It doesn't mean things won't go wrong, but you can also see if the PB resolved the complaints successfully.

I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles with your build :(

Builders can pay the BBB to remove complaints. The end result is "Company offered an acceptable resolution but the customer didn't respond. " or some similar verbiage and the description of the complaint from the consumer itself disappears. If they are already making false accusations against you, chances are BBB is not going to resolve your problem and you'll end up having to go the legal route if you want reparation from them. I'm sorry to hear this as well.

There was another post from someone wondering "where we are getting these PB's from" and then the consensus in that post seemed to be that most negative posts about PB's are "one sided" or that people are too "picky" or expect too much ... This is just another case of hard evidence against that assumption and there are more than just a few others like it.

Also another assumption was that most people who have smooth builds simply don't post here but that is debunked by the equal assumption that plenty of people who have negative experiences don't either.

The bottom line is that there is enough of these shenanigans going on in the industry for people to be legitimately paranoid about it from the get-go. You really need to cross your t's and dot all your i's from the beginning to protect yourself from stuff like this, or at least to ease the burden of having to. By making sure the contract is sound and documenting the construction process and keeping track of conversations, it makes it much easier to deal with it if the need arises. Not doing so could cost you dearly.

Reactions: Jmerges
Yes.... I would done thing very differently if I ever build another pool. I would interview many builders before I made the decision. I interviewed a few architecture firms prior of contracting for designing of the master plan, and I was told by the designer that it is best to use her team (construction crew, pool building crew, and landscaping crew) to do the job. It is a turnkey construction.... So they said. Sounded great at that time. The designer herself is good, but she has no control over the pool builder who is part of her team...... Which makes nonsense... Too have a team and you can not control the behavior of your team.... Or the work they do.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Home stretch now.... I am so glad that I did not include the side yard in the original contract with my PB. I got a different concrete company to do the pour in place concrete pads walkway and retaining wall at the side yard, and this was done and finished in 2 days! No more mud! It is be my little secrete garden once the landscaping is all done.
55ec0835f523c3bd42e98c5b844ded31.jpg
1dfd72ed913ae38c265a3d27989fc100.jpg
b8c2c3d0403f75c58dd95aae748b5701.jpg

668fa84e23a293cea8912bc6821f3d19.jpg
8ebe967ebfd6527caae1237293413169.jpg
a82ca51d342b6c79bd5a8e1ac8c54d58.jpg

Last minute summer fun before heading back to school....... Had my son soccer buddies over this evening and never thought that they can be so creative in finding ways to play in the pool...... The sheer decent wall is the soccer goal and they taking turn to do the header.... If you score, you will be the goalie! They were in the pool for almost 4 hours playing!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.