New pool build in North Texas! A long and skinny pool....

Such a nice pool and such a beautiful use of a small space! I love seeing pictures of your pool. :)
Thank you Been! We love the pool and all the family and friends gathering.....we never spent time in the backyard prior of having the pool, now we BBQ out there and sit and talk even without any guests over. Children are happy too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I guess you're not claustrophobic. I would be in that space. The reason I couldn't ever move back to Dallas,house on top of house. Good luck.
You are right! We really thought long and hard before we made the decision to build a pool in this small yard.... However, 10 ft width is not bad at all.... The only thing that we wish to be different is actually the swim pool portion to be longer.... Right now we have about 35 ft of pool length, it would been nice to have it longer by 10 feet and the in pool deck smaller so we can lap swim.....

I followed your build and what all you went through to get to this point. I think your design is a beautiful use of that space. So unique and peaceful looking!

It looks like your little piece of Paradise... and THATs what its all about!! [emoji274]

600bae1ff104070eb9b3d7596a29c627.jpg
54c4be36c6b45b328ed590b124a1ef3b.jpg
our little pool is seeing a lot of actions today.... Happy Labor Day everyone!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That landscaping looks great cc. Is that a lantern I see? Or is that a bug zapper or candle holder? The thing that sticks up about 1/2 way up the fence.
And I really like that turquois color pot with the white flowers in it. The texture of that put really makes it pop out.

Are you finished yet or do you sitll have more to go?

Your pool is beautiful! I am going to use the same mosaic tile (but rectangular) for waterline in my pool, Arctic Lagoon from NTP. What color on the grout did you use? My contractor suggests bright white, but I think your choice seem better. Thanks!

Your pool is beautiful! I am going to use the same mosaic tile (but rectangular) for waterline in my pool, Arctic Lagoon from NTP. What color on the grout did you use? My contractor suggests bright white, but I think your choice seem better. Thanks!
Sorry... I did not see your post till now. We use the laticrete permacolor grout, I think it is midnight blue or something like that.... It is blue/grey and blends in well.... Not sure if you have already done your grout...but white may be too much of contrast..

9ca1eedbdcb47a840bf7564b050c96a6.jpg
f8a9e276057c9d4aafb63e734dcc19f7.jpg
5bf000343511880335e1895ce6286a71.jpg

Newest addition to our back yard.... Avera Natural Gas Fire Pit by Dekko Concrete in Ontario Canada. We love the clean line and the simplicity of this fire pit. This is one more step toward the completion of our back yard pool/outdoor living project!

Reactions: Jmerges
Just read your whole thread CC! The pool looks great and so unique! I hope you're getting ready to enjoy and other summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, we are enjoying our pool. And it is fabulous! I am still telling my horrible tale of pool building to my friend to make sure that they do their research and get on this site to learn what to watch out for.... Other than that, it is so easy under the hot Texas sun, we get to jump in and enjoy the nice and cool pool right in the back yard!
30067e9b19e7dd23cc7fbc1a8d7eb667.jpg
a85470b4dd8f936c6c2c23929c2d602e.jpg

Reactions: Jmerges

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.