New Pool Build in Central FL - 12/29 We have water!

Re: New Pool Build in Central FL - 11/14 Rough Deck Poured

looks like it is getting close to finished! and such a different feel with the deck poured. Very nice. Curious, what did you ever decide about the spa tile? Did you ask your PB to redo or did you let it be?

Looks gorgeous. Was just in Tampa, Orlando and Cocoa Beach. Gulf and Ocean were swimmable for a northerner at 70 degrees. Same temp as my sisters pool was there. Seems colder in a pool at 70 though. Tough winter you guys are having what with that one cold day and all!

Thank you to everyone! The water has been pretty "chilly" to us adults, however, the young ones do not seem to mind and are taking full advantage of these 80 degree days. The water temp has been hovering around 74/75 but I am sure it will drop quickly since we are expecting overnight lows in the 40s over the weekend! The spillover sounds absolutely relaxing. We have two deck jets too and they compliment the sound of the spillover. The PH has been testing high but the Pool Builder has been on top of bringing it down and will continue to balance the pool for us for the first 30 days. We like to check on our own too with the recommended test kit, just to make sure! :) We have a few punch list items left such as running the gas for the heater, installing the solar heating system, final coat of the acrylic deck, cleaning of the glass tile around the spa, an umbrella hole that was missed and lastly adding the salt chlorinator once the plaster has cured for 30 days. Other than that the next phase for us is landscaping but we are self performing that project. :)

eledaswerdna - I will PM you the name of our Pool Builder.

It looks so great! I love seeing the steel blue Lightstream tile as that is what I am in love with. Right now waiting on the numbers to see if we can swing the 3x3s at the water line. We are def doing the 2x2s as accents on all steps and ledges like you did. Ty for posting clear pics of that bc it really helps me to see what ours will look like. Did you do white grout?

Is the cap to your spa just poured concrete? I have been trying to figure out what to use on ours as I want as little amount of grout lines as possible. So I have suggested either poured concrete or slate or similar. I really like how yours looks.

Congrats!

Thank you so much! It is beautiful tile and I am so glad we shelled out the extra $$ for it. We were also pleasantly surprised by the gold aspects of the tile when in full sun. We went with a grey grout. I saw that online and I liked it a lot. We struggked with what to do for the top of the spa as well. The back half of the spa is a poured in place concrete cantilever edge. It is the same edge that surrounds the pool. I can't wait to see pictures of your finished product!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ty for answering my questions. I really do like the poured concrete cap so will talk to PB about our options. I saw the grey grout as well on the Lightstream website and think it looks lovely. I think it goes well esp with your concrete cap. We are doing grey grout on the pavers for the bullnose coping around the pool and also grey polymeric sand for the pavers so will likely do a medium grey color, like their picture as well.

Love how well you can see the accent tiles on the steps and all even with the pebble color you have as your color looks very similar to the color we chose and I was worried it would wash out the blue in the tiles. But yours shows me how good it will look so that makes me feel better.

We have a thread going with our build (New Build in NE FL) but my hubby started it (Brooksrandy81) so if you would like to see some before pics and renderings, they are up on there. We had a few hiccups with permitting due to the large oaks behind the house but should be good to go this week and hopefully stat digging very soon though I need to prepare myself for all the dirt and mud lol! Esp bc I have spent a lot of time and energy on my grass (we have 3 acres) so it will be hard to see it torn up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.