New pool build decking and pool equip completed W/ pics

Re: New pool build Gunite Complete Tyler TX W/ pics

That looks awesome! SWEET!

Now it is time to give you your own set of links. I put this set together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so take it slow and easy.

Print these out:

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also when I ask you what test kit your PB will provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

Kim:kim:

The bench's in the deep end have a step on one end that is supposed to be 6" under water. Shouldn't be too big of a step out. We originally wanted 8ft, but my PB talked me into 7' cause most people end up congregating in the shallow parts of the pool. My wife and I are both tall so I'm happy about the 8ft overall depth. Now come my new romance and bonding with the pool by wetting it down a coule times a day. How many days should I wet it?

- - - Updated - - -

Now it is time to give you your own set of links. I put this set together for new pool owners. It is a lot of info so take it slow and easy.

Print these out:

Bookmark these:

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Now is also when I ask you what test kit your PB will provide. Let us know so we can fill in any holes it might have.

I Believe I'll end up going with the Tayler test kit.

https://www.amazon.com/TAYLOR-TECHNOLOGIES-INC-K-2006-CHLORINE/dp/B004BGF7TI/ref=zg_bs_1272977011_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T4ZJBH8DSE7T6JN5BA1H

I've already began reading the pool school and water chemistry. Thanks for the links!

The bench's in the deep end have a step on one end that is supposed to be 6" under water. Shouldn't be too big of a step out. We originally wanted 8ft, but my PB talked me into 7' cause most people end up congregating in the shallow parts of the pool. My wife and I are both tall so I'm happy about the 8ft overall depth. Now come my new romance and bonding with the pool by wetting it down a coule times a day. How many days should I wet it?

- - - Updated - - -

I Believe I'll end up going with the Tayler test kit.

https://www.amazon.com/TAYLOR-TECHNOLOGIES-INC-K-2006-CHLORINE/dp/B004BGF7TI/ref=zg_bs_1272977011_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=T4ZJBH8DSE7T6JN5BA1H

I've already began reading the pool school and water chemistry. Thanks for the links!

Get the TF-100 from tftestkits.net ... way better deal than that K-2006 for what you get.

Print these out:

Bookmark these:

Got my TF-100 test kit and I've done all the reading in the pool school. Now I need about 27000 gallons of water to start testing! LOL

My PB said they will come in and start up the pool and regulate all of the chemicals until the pool is stable. Should I let them do that since they'll be using all of their bioguard chemicals? Thankl for answering all my questions!

I have a link to share with you about Bioguard. It is an older link but still rings true. There are several others if you want to do more reading.

Real Savings vs. BBB Method

I would talk to your PB and tell him you are not interested in using Bioguard due to future costs. Be ready for push back as it will eat into his future profit. Show him your test kit and be ready to tell him how you already know how to care for a pool.

I have an idea! Get a sample of your fill water and run a full set of tests on it (except CYA as that has to be added). Share the results here and we will help you figure out what you will need to buy up front. That way when your PB starts talking this and that about his product you will be ready with your test kit and knowledge!

Let us know how we can help!

I have a link to share with you about Bioguard. It is an older link but still rings true. There are several others if you want to do more reading.

Real Savings vs. BBB Method

I would talk to your PB and tell him you are not interested in using Bioguard due to future costs. Be ready for push back as it will eat into his future profit. Show him your test kit and be ready to tell him how you already know how to care for a pool.

I have an idea! Get a sample of your fill water and run a full set of tests on it (except CYA as that has to be added). Share the results here and we will help you figure out what you will need to buy up front. That way when your PB starts talking this and that about his product you will be ready with your test kit and knowledge!

Let us know how we can help!

Absolutely! Thanks! I'll post test results hopefully in about 3 weeks. Tile and coping on Monday. The rain is really slowing this down ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Tile and coping finally done after all the rain we've had. The plaster sample is Finest Finish Radiance Fusion Micro Pebble Regal Blue. Two things I'm concerned with is 1. They drilled holes in the gunite to put steel rods in to hold up the 2X12's that they were standing on to do the tile. They're supposed to fill those deep holes with plaster, but my worry is that plaster is not near as strong as the gunite. 2. Just above the sheer decent there appears to be a bow in the rock. So up against the perfectly straight sheer decent it looks horrible to me. Am I expecting too much perfection with the stone work? Or should I have the PB fix this?

Re: New pool build tile and coping concerns need input Tyler TX W/ pics

The holes should be fine. They can put some cement in them if they really bother you the put the plaster on over it.

That bow would drive me NUTS! I would have that redone asap.

The holes should be fine. They can put some cement in them if they really bother you the put the plaster on over it.

That bow would drive me NUTS! I would have that redone asap.

I'm OCD as well and that bow just keeps drawing my eye to it. Everything else is perfect with the stone. They even grinded the edges down to keep from cutting or scraping as you get out of the pool.

After all the rain we've had, FINALLY got the pool decking done and pool equipment in. Electrical will be done this Wednesday. After that the pool is done. The only thing we have to wait on is plaster. With all the rain the plaster guys are behind. Hopefully this will be done the week of June 19th. At this point we've been under construction for 5 weeks.

Hi SB, your pool really turned out well. I can't wait to see the pebble finish. What did your PB say about the rock above the sheer? Are they going to replace it?

They replaced it with no issues, they also replaced another stone on the edge that wasn't completely level that I hadn't even noticed! Very happy with my PB.

- - - Updated - - -

WONDERFUL progress! SO close!

I know it's KILLING me! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice pool build! I have never seen such a clean build...you should see mine...it's a mess :)

Yes I'm very happy with my PB. I told them my expectations about preserving as much of the sod as possible and they exceeded my expectations.

Your pool is turning out very nice! I love the wall and the stone. I can't wait to see the finished result. We are set to dig on Wed and we chose the radiance in Midnight Blue, so I'm curious about how you will like yours as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.