New Pool Build - Central Oklahoma

They SHOULD finish the waterfall today. They have worked off and on (mostly off) the past week and I think they will finish it up today which is great because we have our sons 8U baseball party at our house this evening. We will have 20 or so kids in the pool this evening so I bumped up the Chlorine level to account for the extra….stuff….in the pool tonight. :puker:

Here are a couple of pictures from this weekend. The flow rate on the waterfall is turned pretty down quite a bit in these pictures. It doesn't look that tall in the pictures but when you get up there, it feels pretty tall.

Well, the waterfall is finally finished and just in time for the party last night. The bobcat was pulling out as the first cars were pulling up to the house. I am looking forward to getting a break from all of the mud and mortar getting into the pool. Here are a few pictures from this morning. I will try to get some night shots this evening. It took a LOT of rock to build this waterfall. From the top of the diving platform to the water is roughly 5’

Tha'ts a lot of rock! It's beautiful with the water flowing!

I don't envy you with 20 kids over for a pool party! I shudder at the thought!! We had our first child over to swim yesterday. His grandmother came, but she spent too much time with her back to him. It's been too long, since I've been around 8 yo boys. It was like he was doing everything he could to crack his head open!

I'm glad ya'll survived. I'm sure the party was a huge success!
Suz.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I don't envy you with 20 kids over for a pool party! I shudder at the thought!! We had our first child over to swim yesterday. His grandmother came, but she spent too much time with her back to him. It's been too long, since I've been around 8 yo boys. It was like he was doing everything he could to crack his head open!

Suz.

Suz you crack me up. Boys are like that. I stress out watching other people's kids too.

That is such a beautiful pool! I love that waterfall!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Super nice pool congrats!

Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Suz.

My wife was a nervous wreck. As for me, I was doing flips off the waterfall with them :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great! I like the stairs created out of rock for the waterfall. I see you have a sitting area down the hill. Very nice set up.

We are very happy with how the stairs turned out as well. I built the fire pit down by the woods last summer and at the time we didn't know that we would be doing a pool this summer. I'm not sure that I would have done anything different had we built it after the pool. Maybe put it on the other side of the yard....but maybe not.

- - - Updated - - -

Suz you crack me up. Boys are like that. I stress out watching other people's kids too.

That is exactly what boys do. They were having belly flop and back buster contests last night. A back buster after a 6 foot fall is no fun at all, but boys will be boys. Surprisingly, we made it through the party without anyone being jumped on and not a single tear shed. That's a success in my books!

Hey, I survived my two sons - so far. They are now 30 and 31. I'm now glad we didn't have a pool while they were growing up!

My younger son was and is very easy. But my 31 year old is my wild child. The only way I survived (and still to this day) was living by the mantra, "Just don't tell me. I don't ever want to know!"

Good luck to all you families with young boys (and some girls qualify, too). There's a reason why nature doesn't intend mothers to be old ladies! Ha ha!

Suz.

I haven't checked-in in a while and we have had some more work done that I thought that I would share in case it gives others some ideas. This forum was invaluable for me in that regard when I was in the building process.

IMG_1525_zpslijwlyrtjpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1533_zpsuzg2jinkjpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1526_zpsz4wqnwkljpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1519_zps6qhzdpawjpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1518_zps5bsqq55qjpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1524_zpsuxvyhujojpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

IMG_1517_zpsjfrv3gwkjpg14648754141961464-1.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpset86ncnvjpg14648754141-1.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 212
SoonerWing! It's soooo great to hear from you! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

I have been wondering about you all spring...
NO WAY! You must have cut and pasted all those photos from some glamorous home and garden magazine! I'm practically speechless. (no wisecracks, please. LolLol!) What a transformation! You really kept all your work under wraps, you sly dog! I knew you guys had great style and ideas, but this is truly amazing!

I still remember your first post. I really enjoyed your build. I'm so glad you came back to share your Oklahoma resort. I hope you stick around. A lot of people could use your experience and input!

Welcome back! :wave:
Suz

Thanks Suz and Scootr! I did take the one pic from the top of the waterfall and it look much higher when you actually get up there. One of my great concerns when building this pool was the whole deep end vs no deep end debate. You read mixed reviews but I am SO glad we did a deep end. I think that it is different for everyone but with 3 active boys (and all of their friends), they are in the deep end 90% of the time. Everyone, young and old, is constantly jumping, diving, or flipping off that waterfall.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.