New Pool Build (Another One) in Allen, TX

Re: New Pool (Planning Stage) in Allen, TX

People in DFW - what have you had in your contracts as far as draw schedule. Here is the most recent one I have been given. I don't like it because the payments are all "at start of", and there is nothing left over to the end.

30% at start of excavation
30% at start of gunite
30% at deck layout
10% at start of plaster

That's our basic schedule also. I have paid "after" instead of prior. Our pb has been great working with. We are using BMR.

Thanks for the feedback all. I am going to see if there is anything I can do to influence it. I may need to check into BMR. That is the second time I have heard someone that was happy with them.

Well, I was all set on not putting in a spa, and then we chickened out at the last minute. So, we added a spa. And, while we are in the mood to fork over more money, we decided to also change from stamped concrete to travertine, and made a few other minor modifications. The original post is updated with the "final" (I hope!) design. Aaaaannnnddd, back to waiting for HOA and permits. :sleep:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, they dug a big hole in my back yard today. It's great to see progress. They did hit rock for the last 2-3ft (you can see it in one of the pics below), but were able to get through it all in 1 day with the excavator (hurray for NO ROCK CHARGE!). A couple of minor issues related to distance to house and depth profile, but working with PB to resolve. Rebar is scheduled for Friday.

Things are moving along well so far (knock on wood ... the weather is looking worse this week). Rebar and interior plumbing are done. Inspection will happen today. Shotcrete later this week, weather permitting. Here are some recent pics.

Does anybody know what the 2 vertical loops in the spa are? One of them is routed out to the spigot that you see to the right. I don't know what this is for, either. Does anybody see anything concerning?

moving along nicely. AFAIK subfreezing is a no go for shotcrete. I believe the concrete people here won't release the concrete in cold cold weather.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.