New Polaris 3900 or just buy all the parts?

Silver_2000

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Nov 29, 2015
Carrollton tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
When I bought the house about 7 years ago it had a Polaris 3900

I've replaced a few parts adhoc including the backup valve the wall connector, the drive unit

It's running tired again and I'm looking at replacing it all for about $900 but it seems I can get the various parts for nearly half that

The hose, both halves of the main unit, the backup valve new bags, tail hose, new wheels and tires and bearings.

I'm hoping someone here can tell me what I'm missing for the other $400

Usually parts are most expensive when purchased one at a time

One thing that's not working now is the tail that is supposed to whip back and forth...

I know many here prefer the electric robots but this Polaris is so low maintenance day to day we love it

The hose, both halfs of the unit

My brother has one that's been in his pool for at least 25 years. They seem to run for about 5 years before some major parts are needed but not usually the amount you are talking about. Maybe yours was a little over-due. He never can justify a new one so he just rebuilds the worn parts and keeps on going. So if it was me I'd rebuild it.

Chris

PS I much prefer my robot

water management piece hadnt been replaced and it fixed the RPM and swishing tail issues. Now with higher rpm it wheelies - found out the float was flooded. didnt even know there was a float - replacing that

when I adjusted the RPM with a disk, it burned out the 10 year old boost pump. I had Pool Motor supply replace it with the Hydroboost pump. Its design allowed me to tun the pump RPM WAY down and will save us an estimated $35 a month .....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.