New plaster startup - how long to run filter?

Oct 6, 2015
TX
Hello friends,
We have new plaster. The pool has been full and the pump running for 5 days now. How long should I be running it now? How often should I wash my cartridge filter? Daily brushing and testing. Anything else that I am forgetting?
Thanks!

Are you following a start up procedure?
Aha I see what you did there :) I went back to the TFP start-up article and I seem to have forgotten to finish reading it haha.

Anyway, now that I have, I am pleased to find out that I am indeed following most of the steps. So once, the week is over (thursday), how much should I run the filter?

I'm not sure why my cartridge pressure isn't rising. What could be the problem? I hope it's cheap to fix. I've spent a good bit of money on the plaster lol

As you are adding liquid chlorine every day to sanitize the pump only needs to run as long as you need it for skimming. I would start at 4 hours per day and see if that is acceptable.
You must not be generating much plaster dust if your filter is not getting dirty.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.