New Pentair Intelliflo 3 - Any feedback ?

MaverickFL

Bronze Supporter
Oct 16, 2016
Boynton Beach, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Autopilot Digital Nano+ PPC2
I've always had Intelliflo pumps and love them. I bought a new house which came with an old single speed Hayward that I want to replace but my go to pump, the 011056/011028 is on 'indefinite' backorder. My local dealer says Pentair is telling him June of 2023 and Pentair says the pump is actually discontinued anyway. I don't want to wait that long because I think this Hayward is on its last legs and I don't want to pay double for someone who has it in stock. So I see that Pentair has the new Intelliflo3 pump 011075 76 with control pad) and there seems to be availability. Wondering if anyone here has experience and feedback with the 011075 and hooking it up and controlling through the EasyTouch?

M,

This is a pretty new pump, and I am not sure any of our members have one yet.

The 011075 comes without the I/O relay card, the 011076 comes with the relay card. Neither come with a display, but it appears you can add one, but I suspect that will be another $1K..

It has the wet end from the IntelliFlo XF with 2.5 or 3" unions with a huge basket.

No longer comes with the RS-485 cable as there is no external plug. It appears you just run a four-wire cable between the automation and the RS-485 connector under the rear cover of the pump.

I kind of like it. When one of my current IntelliFlo pumps bites the dust, it will be the first pump I look at.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. Looks like I'll be the guinea pig. If I have it hooked to my EasyTouch do I need the I/O card for anything?

PS- From Pentairs specs it supports 2x2 2.5x.2.5 or 3x3

If I have it hooked to my EasyTouch do I need the I/O card for anything?

Nope...

The only thing I am not sure on is the number of wires to connect the RS-485.

The old IntelliFlo only used the two data wires (yellow and green), it did no use the + and - voltage lines.

The IntelliFlo3 manual shows all 4 wires being used. I am not sure it matters, just something I noticed.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I'm gonna go for it. I'll have it installed in the next few weeks and post some feedback. It seems even the vendors aren't that familiar with it yet, but as best I can tell, both the 011075 & 76 support bluetooth and wifi out of the box for configuration without the top touchscreen, which honestly I'd prefer to squatting down over the unit anyway. Since I have the EasyTouch and can utilize the 011075, I can actually get this for the same price as the 011056 and it supposedly has improved performance. So if it works out as expected I will be very happy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.