Duncannon/Pa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
My easy touch pentair chlorinator is reading 3600. When I run the chemical salt test, I get 4400. Is there a way to calibrate the IC40 SWG to read 4400? I’m concerned that if I bring my salt level down to the recommended 3600, my chlorinator will stop producing chlorine by reading the salt level is too low. We have a brand new pool with all new equipment, so I can’t believe the chlorinator is bad.

Is there a way to calibrate the IC40 SWG to read 4400?
No there is not. No real concern. If the SWCG is happy, you are happy.

I suspect your real salinity can fall down to 3000 or even a bit below and the SWCG will remain generating.

Reactions: gedagrip
Get,

What salt test are you using?

I suspect a testing error.

Also.. Keep in mind the accuracy of the salt reading reported by the IC40 is +/- 500 ppm... More of a guess than accurate. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Get,

What salt test are you using?

I suspect a testing error.

Also.. Keep in mind the accuracy of the salt reading reported by the IC40 is +/- 500 ppm... More of a guess than accurate. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
I am using my TF-Pro Salt test kit. I watched the video on youtube, so I think I ran it correctly. The one thing I'm a little confused on is when to stop dropping in the R-0718 drops. I see the salmon color after drop 17, but it goes back to a milky white. I continue until I drop 22 when the salmon color holds. If I should be stopping at 17 drops, then I would be at 3400. But the video shows them going until the salmon color holds.

Get,

It sounds as if you are doing the test correctly, but just to make sure..

1. You are using a speed-stir type tester.
2. You are using a 10 ML sample.. Many people read the instructions 'see' 25 ML in error
3. You add drops until you see the sample flash to a salmon color and then immediately change back to milky
4. You continue and stop counting the drops with the one that first changes to salmon and does not change back..
5. You do not continue to add drops just because the salmon color keeps getting darker.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Get,

It sounds as if you are doing the test correctly, but just to make sure..

1. You are using a speed-stir type tester.
2. You are using a 10 ML sample.. Many people read the instructions 'see' 25 ML in error
3. You add drops until you see the sample flash to a salmon color and then immediately change back to milky
4. You continue and stop counting the drops with the one that first changes to salmon and does not change back..
5. You do not continue to add drops just because the salmon color keeps getting darker.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I am using my speed stirrer that I got with my kit. Thanks for the detailed instructions! Sounds like I am going everything correctly. I am using 10ml.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.