Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I don't think these two things are related, but I wanted to ask before calling the heater repair guy.

We have an Intellicenter setup and the other day, I was prompted to download the new Pentair Home app. We have an older Hayward propane heater in this system for the spa.

Everything worked fine 2 weeks ago. After upgrading the Pentair app, I am now getting an Ignition Failure code on the heater and it will not heat up.

Like I said, I'm guessing the new app has nothing to do with this and its just a weird timing coincidence, but I wanted to check.

The app change has nothing to do with your heater IF.

Check the propane level in your tank and check the accuracy of your propane gauge.

thanks for confirming. Propane tank is near 80% and that's about what I would expect as we just had it filled end of last year and have only used the hottub a handful of times.

I'll make a call to the repair guy. This thing was probably on its last legs anyway.

thanks for confirming. Propane tank is near 80% and that's about what I would expect as we just had it filled end of last year and have only used the hottub a handful of times.

I'll make a call to the repair guy. This thing was probably on its last legs anyway.
Find the flame sense rod, it looks like the picture.
You will see a single white wire and a 3-screw flange.
Remove it. Clean it with a dollar bill (yes, and the newer the better) to remove any coating that interferes with it sensing current.
Be sure any green (ground) wires you see coming from the burner tray or at the main valve have a good connection to the cabinet. That's where you start looking.
1710276904858.png