New owners of a green pool

At noon i had ph 7.8 and cya 80 just like a couple of days ago... so when it passes the OCLT test its just a matter of waiting?!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Ok i understand, will forget about the test for now i guess until i have clear water like shown in the pictures. Will keep SLAMing..

Today's report:
I was SLAMing today. At some point i measured and CYA looked like 70, could it have dropped 10? Why? Late afternoon, after sun was out of the pool, my husband took the light out, brushed as best as he could and i told him to pour 1 Gallon of clorox in there but it obiously went into the water. I had measured and poured bleach (seems like a little more than i should have) but it went up to 40 ( my shock level should be 31).. time has passed and he just measured 44.5. I think is the first time it has gone up to much. I can see dirt in some places but the cleaner doesnt pick it up. I still cant figure out what the timer is for. Also, inside sunroom there are 2 switches next to each other, one turns on the changing color light, the other one makes some noise in this equipment by the pool, that the store guy guessed it was the light (because sticker mentions color wheel) but i cant figure out what that switch is supposed to do.
Also wanted to share my setup and maybe one of you can tell me if i have a heater?!
67ab5804ae97792d52b563d1bc3af06a.jpg

39dea7896f56fa8608910588a1211a07.jpg

caa324283f1b53faadf1b9199fd30416.jpg

97c0df5d5a1cb6c3ab7d6eb5fe7a4504.jpg

6b1e3ab6447de51f8a9be1c4d96f883b.jpg

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The two switches; One is the light the other is for the color wheel. Some lights have a literal wheel with different colors on it, that sits in front of the bulb. You can change the color based on your mood, or just leave it on and it will cycle through the different colors.

- - - Updated - - -

What's in the floater?

From the photos you shared, I'm not sure you have a heater, unless it's somewhere other than the locations where you shared photos above. As mentioned, it'll be a big, square metal box with a switch on its side and a thermostat of some sort. There will be a water pipe going into and out of it after the pipes leave your filter.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.