New Owner w/Test Results

Feel like I'm getting a good handle now on controlling pH and FC. Here are my latest test results:

FC - 5
CC - 0
pH - 7.8
CH - 175
TA - 80
CYA - 40

I've been adding some acid almost every day to keep the pH in the 7.5-7.8 range. I'm only testing TA once a week. Last week it was at 80 and it is again today. Shouldn't it be lower from adding acid almost every day this past week?

First,Hello...I'm in South Carolina..Lots of sun and high temps in summer...I can't figure out how to start a new thread..How???I'm off to Wal mart to buy bleach,A&H super washing soda and Borax...I have the Taylor 2000 test kit...It's showing no chlorine,super low PH and no alkalinity.....The kit is old and the re agents might be shot.....I guess I'll have to get a new one....Any help would be very much appreciated....Thanks....Harry26

There is a button at the top of the forum to start a new thread. I'd suggest you start a new thread so more people can respond directly to you without it getting mixed up with responses to the test results I've posted in this thread.

Here are my latest test results:

pH - 7.5
FC - 5
CC - 0
TA - 80
CH - 175
CYA - 40

I feel like I have a pretty good handle now on keeping the pH and FC where they need to be. I'm thinking of adding borates next but have a few questions that I am hoping someone can answer first.

1. At what point, if at all, should I look at getting the CH up into the 250-350 range or should I just not worry about it?
2. My TA has held steady at 80 since I added baking soda about 3 weeks ago. Is it normal that it doesn't go down even after I'm adding about 1/2 gallon of acid every other day to keep the pH in the 7.5-7.8 range?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.