New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

Oh that could be nice, very nice . . . could even plant something that would crawl up it . . . I like that!

QingGuy: your note about planting something on Oz's suggestion of a 12" lattice made me think of something for privacy fences I have on my pinterest board. You never know, it might work or give you another idea. Suz.

A similar one:

QuingGuy, i am trying to hide an ugly roof behind me but keep the view of the mountain, so only hide certain areas. i had planned to do something like Suz had sent u. a designer friend came over and thought just some of my kid's art hanging on the wall would distract the eye but i'm still liking the idea of the arbor. i grow grapes in Phoenix in full sun and they're great. u won't have the privacy during the winter tho with grapes and they do drop leaves before winter. there are many vines that would grow in NV on an arbor. look up privacy screens on pinterest. i agree with Suz and Oz. go green and live plants instead of block. cheaper, prettier...

I like it! Good pick!

Kim
Thx, we really struggled with the choice as we really wanted to go french gray or tahoe blue but with all the mottling issues we've seen and heard about and the fact that we know someone in the business and he said he wouldn't do quartzscape period we decided to go with a color that was going to be lighter and hedge our anti mottling bets. Also, living in Vegas he warned us against going too dark as the water will feel like bath water in the summer, so this seemed like a good compromise. I think it has enough color in it that it will make it pop but shouldn't show mottling too bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A couple of items, 1) for those of you doing spray deck, there are multiple phases, so when you walk into your backyard after they've laid the knock down and are instantly blinded by the reflection of the sun and it doesn't look at all like the color decking you chose, don't freak out, they come back and put down the color AFTER they do the knock down. Doh!

2) Please look at my pictures, the electrician claims they're done, yet look at these items, how could they be finished, I can't imagine that box remains open like that or that these sensor wires just hang like that.

by "done" they can't mean "done." ridiculous. electric has been disappointing for me, too. my brother is an electrician and a teacher. says we r supposed to have a water bonder and our pb says they've never heard of one. since phoenix falls under the national electric code my brother says that is part of the code, so they need to put one and also they need to pay for a receptical no closer than 6 ft and no further than 20 feet from waters edge. our electricians r holding us up and their work doesn't look so good so far. i hope your guys plan on coming back or did they leave it open for the city to inspect. doesn't make sense cuz the city should bring a screw driver and be able to open things up and take a look...

The sensor hanging from panel is just like mine. It is the air Temp sensor.
The one strapped to that pipe is the water temp sensor and is not installed.
There should be a hole drilled in that pipe and the sensor inserted.
The metal strap clamp should be securing the sensor in the pipe.
Not sure what manner of sealant is put where the sensor seats in the pipe.

i1diSCYBBOJ0NtA0xpHSZGZyxhSPpm8zHsnkGlIc-1.jpg

The sensor hanging from panel is just like mine. It is the air Temp sensor.
The one strapped to that pipe is the water temp sensor and is not installed.
There should be a hole drilled in that pipe and the sensor inserted.
The metal strap clamp should be securing the sensor in the pipe.
Not sure what manner of sealant is put where the sensor seats in the pipe.

i1diSCYBBOJ0NtA0xpHSZGZyxhSPpm8zHsnkGlIc-1.jpg

Who installed your water temp sensor, plumber or electrician?

The Electrician did mine, but this is not a hard and fast rule.
Plumber could do it if they are there later that Electrician (unlikely)
Startup guy is priming all the pumps and making sure everything runs, configuring your Remote control etc.
He is usually a handyman or pool maintainance company type. they could just as easily do it.

Is there an o-ring or an indentation for one on the water sensor where it will meet the pipe? My acid pump simply connects to a saddle clamp with an o-ring to seal it. Oz is right, it doesn't take a certified expert to install some of these things, and most or all of them are capable of doing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, sent an email to the owner of the electric company I used and he got back to me. The black box was left open for inspector, start-up guy typically closes it (I did it myself yesterday). The two sensors, start-up guy also installs. So it looks like I'm good.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.