New Owner Build Southwest Florida

My engineer called for an 8” spa beam and it is raised 6”. I realize it really isn't possible to put all the plumbing within the spa wall. So I am looking to use the waterway mini gunite jets 210-3400. I dont know if I should try to bring the 1.5” airline into the spa beam just to do a hartford loop, or if not, if I ran the line 4’ from the spa wall and did one hidden in the landscape if that would work? Only thing with doing it in the landscape is that I will have to run the airline farther down in the ground to go under what will be my screen cage footer. Any suggestions or tips? - thanks

Attachments

• Capture7.JPG
    Capture7.JPG
    262.4 KB · Views: 21
Gunite went in last Monday 12/27. I have been watering it 4 times/day. We made some minor adjustments- moved the spa stair to the corner. Ended up making the fill shared spa wall 8" so it would stay flush. The gunite foreman communicated very well. They did a great job.

Reactions: Newdude
I ended up having to get a certified pool contractor as a sub. I may take it up after the fact. But my wife is due (due date today) and we have been doing this process since February. The pool contractor also has his electrical. And he is willing to work with me as an owner builder-take questions as needed.
Would you mind sharing the contact information for the pool contractor you found? We are in the same boat, pulling the permit as owners builders and are having a hard time. Thanks in advance!

Would you mind sharing the contact information for the pool contractor you found? We are in the same boat, pulling the permit as owners builders and are having a hard time. Thanks in advance!
Napa,

What difficulties are you having. I just got my OB permit issued this week in Palm City. Should start the excavation in about a month.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.