New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are welcome

You know what I love most about this build? You walk out the patio door n its all pool.

It looks great!

Why do you say that? This is truly a real question. I do not have one so don't know...............They seem like a good idea for a house with little kids........but saying that I can guess if you forget to turn them off they can/will drive you nuts with the coming and going.

Kim

They can't be turned off, there is a bypass switch that allows 10 seconds without the alarm going off. So you have time to open and close the door but you can't leave it open. There is no off switch so you have to take batteries out to turn it off all the way. From what I was told they can't have an off switch or it won't pass inspection. I'm going to dig up the actual code later to see if it's true or not.

Thanks Casey, Kimkats and Bigcarbs for your inputs .
It should be done by this week.
I had a chance to talk with the inspector. He said that the bypass button in 10 second OFF is there for those who to open and then may be walk around the side yard then forget all about it ,in the meantime a small children and/or small dog (the one not know how to swim yet) will sneak out and run straight very fast to the pool.

Thanks Casey, Kimkats and Bigcarbs for your inputs .
It should be done by this week.
I had a chance to talk with the inspector. He said that the bypass button in 10 second OFF is there for those who to open and then may be walk around the side yard then forget all about it ,in the meantime a small children and/or small dog (the one not know how to swim yet) will sneak out and run straight very fast to the pool.

I'm thinking to get a tall pool safety fence around pool just because we usually leave the one back door open when we're outside hanging out.

That is some wonderful info. to have. I love learning new stuff.

It makes sense for the off switch to be like that BUT I can see where it would be a pain.

SO much to think about when you have little ones!

Kim (I have chimes on my classroom door just so I can hear if one of the Kindergarteners is trying to make a break for it!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New Owner Build pool/spa,Henderson,NV, any comments, suggestions, advices are...

SOUTHERN NEVADA
AMENDMENTS

TO THE 2012 INTERNATIONAL SWIMMING POOL AND SPA CODE

305.8.4 Option four. A pool motion device, laser or light beam activation alarm system permanently installed that provides an active barrier within the pool or across the access to the pool from the dwelling unit or installed around the entire perimeter of the pool. The devise shall sound an alarm of at least 85 dB both inside and outside of the home when activated. The alarm must automatically reset after alarming. The device and alarm shall meet ASTM F2208-08 and be listed.

My Note:
At least 85dB (deci-Bell, Bell is the scientist name) from around 10ft. This sound level is a relative term, depending on the surrounding noise level and human ears sensitivity. The machine could be used to measure. However, the unwanted noises (and other sounds) have to be filtered out (not easy). If not , then they have to use the relative term like 85dB above the noises level (not above the 0dB).

Lets get real. The door alarm requirement in California and Nevada and a few other locales is well intentioned. However the bottom line is clear. Most install the alarm and remove it after the final inspection if it even lasts that long. The inspector checked my alarms at the preplaster inspection but not at the final.

California, Nevada and some of the other locales with the requirement need to come up with a better solution because this one is not working.

It's interesting what you learn from different OB threads (since Im going OB myself). Bathroom!!! I totally forgot. Im getting a porta-potty dropped of when I start. Since I won't be home all the time and I don't want these guys having to run down the street, plus it actually looks like you care.

We are doing the fence for the same reason. We plan to do a screen enclosure on our pool, so, leaving the doors open will be great when the weather is nice. The wife and I also plan to have little ones in the near future, so, it's important to us to have that physical barrier there.

It's interesting what you learn from different OB threads (since Im going OB myself). Bathroom!!! I totally forgot. Im getting a porta-potty dropped of when I start. Since I won't be home all the time and I don't want these guys having to run down the street, plus it actually looks like you care.

That's a great idea!

Filling days !
Start 2015/12/18 1:30PM to 2015/12/19 9:48AM.

DSC_0226.jpg

Same time , close it up !
for you to compare Blue Quartz Plaster in the air and under the water .
I was told that after cleaning all the white powder out , let say for about a week, then the blue quartz color should be more blue , I guess !
Of course , it all depend on the sunny day , cloudy sky .....and the Camera as well.
DSC_0229.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.