New Owner/Build - IG Pool sloped yard - Riverside County Southern CA

Final Update

It's been a very slow process because most of the finish and landscape I did myself as a DIY project, but here it is.

A few things remain like a cover for the kitchen area and patio cover for the house. A few other smaller projects, and some more furniture (bar stools etc).

20150808_103731_zps9tpqicm4.jpg

20150808_103706_zpsioghnxp8.jpg

20150808_103719_zps9eybtkns.jpg

20150808_103748_zpsyick1sii.jpg

20150808_103813_zpsxxibjyxa.jpg

20150808_103849_zps128owtmw.jpg

20150808_103857_zpspg1i4tse.jpg

20150808_104053_zps0rxoovcr.jpg

20150808_104120_zpsf7szq5tu.jpg

20150807_202738_zpspspk5jcv.jpg

20150807_202828_zps0ecbc14q.jpg

20150807_202702_zpsrkyl1ndr.jpg

20150807_202652_zpsquzzrsxb.jpg

20150807_202716_zpsdkidqgq5.jpg

20150807_202745_zpsk1n6yrtq.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
WOW!!! read the whole thread today. love the story about the travertine! that was awesome and i'm sure made your design that much better having the extra stone.

looks spectacular

Pool looks awesome!

Do you have any details on how the scuppers are plumbed? Is there an overflow box or some other resevoir that maintains constant flow?

Thanks!

No, we weren't actually sure how we were going to do those. They weren't something my plumber had ever done, most water features people do are pre-fab'd with connectors. These were precast scuppers that I found that happened to be exactly what I had wanted to do. I really wanted something beefy looking that would mimic a fountain look. Since these aren't made by any pool companies, they were really a bargain (I paid 30 dollars for each one). Avoiding the pool product price gouge was a nice benefit.

I did these myself because I didn't really know who I could hire to do them. The plumbers ran me a seperate return to the rear wall, and left it capped. When the shotcrete was done, I had them leave 4 holes where the scuppers would be. Basically, I set the scuppers level as I could and plumbed 1.5" stubbed out. I then built some forms out of thin press board and filled with cement, which holds them in permanently. The plumbers came back and connected them to the return and that was pretty much it. To hide the pipe, we filled in the top, leaving a 1/2 gap which conceals the pvc entirely.

I was initially nervous to turn them on because I just wasn't entirely sure how they would work. I was worried about things like them shooting too far, or not far enough etc, but they worked exactly how I had hoped, so luck was on my side. The wife loves them and to satisfy her is the most important part.

I debated over leaving them as precast finish, or tile, and glad we chose tile because they look really nice up close.

THANKS! They DO work purrrrrrfect!

I see someone coming down the slide! Does it get a lot of use? I would LOVE to play on it. Maybe one day we will have one LOL

Kim

Ohh yeah, we have a 7 and a 5 y.o. and they love it, as do the neighbor kids. Truth be told, I also have a blast on it occasionally.

Found it on Craigslist. A distributor about 40 miles away was trying to get rid of it. They had it sitting in their warehouse for two years after a customer cancelled an order. I offered 1k cash and they accepted. Truthfully, for what it is, it shouldn't be more than a few hundred, but of course, the pool industry has to put a 500% mark up on it. I buy and sell for a living, so I really can't help myself, I'm addicted to bartering and looking for deals.

If you ever get one, make sure to pick up a tube of silicone, the design is faulty and will leak at the discharge (I didn't mean for that to sound gross I swear lol). A bead of silicone along the top and bottom of the seam got it fixed though.

Re: New Owner/Build - IG Pool sloped yard - Riverside County Southern California

If you ever need steel I'd highly recommend this guy. Very fair pricing and these guys worked hard. They even spent 2 hours digging and fixing the mistakes the excavator made (he I would not recommend even if it saved me a little).

image_zpsf7bdad5a.jpg~320x480
We are looking to start an owner build in Fontana. Would love a list of the subs you used. TIA! Brandy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.