new owner' also a bbb convert!

linen said:
Daphillenium said:
The chlorine I get is from a pool store that produces their own liquid chlorine.
Are you sure?...I am not aware that this is done. Do you mean they have a large storage container that they dispense into smaller containers from?

Yeah, they are a REALLY big pool store. They do serve residential customers but most of their customers are commercial pools for hotels and even some public pools across the midwest. Their headquarters is in the city I work as a firefighter in and I've gotten to do a few walkthroughs of their building. They do it all their. They even fabricate the framing members for new pool construction.

Central pool supply is the name. I only use them because my father in law has a business account with them (he pressure washes houses) and gets a major discount from them. In fact, he's going to buy a 55 gallon drum of chlorine pretty soon that I get to mooch off of! Of course I will have to chip in though.

Okay, did a test last night before bed and was at 15 FC. Did a test first thing this morning and was at 11 FC.
Looks like I'm still losing about 4 every night. Water is still cloudy, got all the leaves/debris out.
Should I try some clarifier/flock treatment?

Another test today, just got home from the firehouse.... FC was 7.5 cc was 0, ph 7.4, and cya was 40.
Ali added some more chlorine.
The water is improving daily, albeit slowly.
I can make out the bottom drain completely now, still a bit cloudy, ill post a pic in a bit... I vacuumed and can make out the bottom enough to get the debris out. I think I got it all now! Waited four hours after splitting firewood and tested again, I was at 15 for FC now. I think my pool might be smaller than thought or the concentration might be greater than 12%. I added just over a gallon I would say, hard to tell because it came out of a carhop ( I plan on filling it with water 1 gallon at a time o ce I emptying to make fluid oz markings on the outside...it's refillable)

But I only added a gallon because I wanted to see if that would bring me to 16.

Anyway, getting better! I was very tempted to just jump in after splitting wood, it was hot! Is it safe to swim at FC of 15? I read on another tfp posting that it won't kill ya.

Would it be ok to let folks swim on Saturday if the water isn't all the way clear yet and I let the FC drift down to a lower level? I know u guys say not to stop shocking until all three criteria are met.

Keep at it and it sounds like you'll be really close by Saturday. Swimming at anything up to shock level is fine. The biggest consideration is water clarity (if somebody is at the bottom of the pool, will you be able to see them?).

See where you're at come Friday. You may be able to let it drop just below shock, swim on Saturday,then resume Saturday night.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I HAVE CLEAR WATER!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last night I put in a flock treatment. I don't know if it was the flock or just the shocking that cleared it up, but yesterday it was pretty cloudy and now it's clear! I'm going to vacuum it here in a bit. I'll continue shocking until the 3 criteria are met. Tested this morning and my FC was 18. I put a lil extra chlorine in last night. CC is still less than 0.5.

I'll post a pic.

Daphillenium said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: I HAVE CLEAR WATER!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last night I put in a flock treatment. I don't know if it was the flock or just the shocking that cleared it up, but yesterday it was pretty cloudy and now it's clear! I'm going to vacuum it here in a bit. I'll continue shocking until the 3 criteria are met. Tested this morning and my FC was 18. I put a lil extra chlorine in last night. CC is still less than 0.5.

I'll post a pic.
Enjoy it! There's a good chance it will cloud up again when the vacuum starts disturbing things, but at least you know you're almost there. Remember to sneak up on stuff with the vacuum and let it pull the crud in ahead of itself.

Full test this evening....Here's my results
FC- 15
CC 0.5
PH - 7.4
TA- 190
CH- 280
CSI Factor- .2
CYA- 35 I think.

Cya Been difficult for me. Ive been from 40 to 45 to 30 to 35. Hard to determine where exactly its at. Wish there was a more specific test!

Anyway, it still looks good, I'll check first thing in the morning to see what my overnight loss was. Thanks for the help again guys.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey there, pool is crystal clear now..today I was at 10.4 then 7 FC so we went for a dip. Ph was good too. I cleared all three criteria two nights ago so now my goal is to maintain the FC at normal levels....also I plan on tackling the high alkalinity after our party. It was 190 last time. Also, might try borates but going to do some more research as it doesn't currently make sense why I'd put a poisonous substance in there. Ill do more reading though.

Anyway, thanks for the help gents, ill be reading other posts constantly and try to increase my knowledge. You guys got a great thing going for folks.

Now it just needs to get warmer!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.