New OmniPL Install - Some Questions

Apr 14, 2013
Chandler, AZ
I just had my ProLogic 8 system upgraded to the new OmniPL system. Really happy with the system so far (the new panel is huge) but have a few setup questions. The firmware for everything is up to date and I've reviewed both the installation manual and operation manual with no success.
  1. I have two regular white LED lights, one for the spa and one for the pool. When the installer originally set them up, they were set up in each body of water, but were set up as color changing LEDs (CL2.5), were very slow to power on, and had a whole bunch of color options that weren't valid. I tried going in and updating the config type to "Other", but that option wasn't available under the Standalone Lights section. It only had the UCL, CL4.0, CL2.5, PLED, and ZLED options. I ended up adding them as "Other" types of lights in the Backyard section and they are working as expected but I'm wondering if I'm missing something on how to set them up as a part of pool and spa sections. I looked in the service mode and didn't see anything there that would change anything.
  2. I set up the system with my Google Assistant account so I can use my Google Home to interact with it, but it seems you can only activate it by saying "Talk to Hayward Omni" and waiting for it to respond before you can give it a command. Other products have skills where you can say "Ask XYZ to do ABC" but that doesn't seem to work with this system. When I say "Hey Google, ask Hayward Omni to turn on the pool light" it just says Hayward is not responding. This is annoying because I'd like to set up simple routines like "Hey Google, spa on" and it then sends the command "Ask Hayward Omni to turn on spa party" so my family can easily use it. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Just an update on the first item - my lights are set up correctly now.

I went back into the body of water settings for pool and spa and added a new standalone light, but this time "Other" was a type that I could select. I'm not sure if choosing a color LED on initial setup makes it where you can't change the light type to "Other" without deleting it and starting over. It's also possible the system wasn't registering my down arrow button presses to get further in the list or I just didn't realize you could go further at first.

Just thought I would update in case others have a similar issue.

Just out of curiosity, did you have this done as the upgrade kit to an existing Aqua Plus setup? How much was it? Did you do a self install?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.