KrissT

Jun 14, 2023
Topeka, KS
We put in our in ground pool in 2004, and never had any problems until 3 years ago. Our crystal clear water has vanished, along with our chlorine. To my knowledge, we have done nothing different, but our beautiful pool water is no longer. I found this wonderful TFP site, and have been reading through the comments, and have ordered a pool test kit, should be here Monday the 19th. We are fed up with the pool store we have always relied on - we have been told to add incredible amounts of chlorine, and my wallet has had enough. I look forward to learning what I can here to help us get our beautiful pool back.

Welcome! The test kit was a good start, only if it was one of the recommended ones at TFP. While you wait for the proper test kit, can you fill in your signature at the bottom of each post to let the experts know what type and system your pool is.

Also, can you tell us how you have been sanitizing your pool from 2004 until now. And, what chemicals have been added to the pool(algaecides, clarifiers, etc.)? I would also recommend downloading "Pool Math", an app that can be configured to your pool. It will tell you your pool specific needs(ie. how much Chlorine to add). Pictures of your pool and equipment are also helpful.