New member,

I only added lithium hypochlorite (dry shock....have a couple boxes of this powder shock lying around...so figured i could use it up over time as well). So no CYA was added at all. Have tested the CYA a couple times and it is stable...about 32-34....definitely much closer to 30 than 40.
May try adding again at some point and see if it recurs. Certainly odd.
whole thing literally lasted less than 3-4 minutes, and there has been no change in pool clarity at all. (and FC lvl went up as expected).
thanks

Hello all!
Great summer thanks to TFP!
Finally closing pool.
Have a quick question.
So, will be bringing my pool up to slam this weekend and closing a few days later.
I note in the pool closing post on here that it recommends adding polyquat algaecide for the winterization...and being in indiana where the temps can be mild, probably a good idea.
My pool company recommends using banish for the winter (copper-based algaecide).
any thoughts on this vs the polyquat products?? I have an abundance of either algae all 60 or backup 2 that i think are both polyquat products (since i am no longer using these for pool maintenance using the TFP system).
I was feeling a little hesitant to use the copper based product and have used polyquat in the past.
thanks!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello all!
Great summer thanks to TFP!
Finally closing pool.
Have a quick question.
So, will be bringing my pool up to slam this weekend and closing a few days later.
I note in the pool closing post on here that it recommends adding polyquat algaecide for the winterization...and being in indiana where the temps can be mild, probably a good idea.
My pool company recommends using banish for the winter (copper-based algaecide).
any thoughts on this vs the polyquat products?? I have an abundance of either algae all 60 or backup 2 that i think are both polyquat products (since i am no longer using these for pool maintenance using the TFP system).
I was feeling a little hesitant to use the copper based product and have used polyquat in the past.
thanks!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.