New member….starting to take control

Juan-Htown

Jun 26, 2023
Houston
Hello everyone, my name is Juan and we’ve been in this house for a little over two years. We live in the Houston area just south of Houston. About halfway to Galveston. We absolutely love our pool/spa and I think I’m finally starting to get the hang of controlling it. Up until now I’ve counted on the local pool store Leslies for testing and supplies.

I recently bought a Taylor K 2006 and I’ve become pretty proficient at using it. I have a pretty solid science background and my pool hasn’t looked this good in a long time. I’m starting to buy my chemicals online and where I can find them on sale, and I feel better being more in control of this myself.

My neighbor has a pool, and he recommended the forum and I’m looking forward to learning from all of you and getting great advice.

IMG_4278.jpegIMG_4279.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Newdude
Hey Juan and Welcome !!!!

You've clearly been reading, but I'm going to link these anyway so they're easily findable for you.

Pool Care Basics
FC/CYA Levels

lc_chart.jpg

At the bottom of any page is the TFP Wiki link. If it's worth knowing, it's in there and you can go alphabetically one by one. (Or skip a couple that don't relate to you)

Reactions: Juan-Htown
Welcome! Let us know if you have questions! Everyone here is so nice and helpful. You’re going to love the TFP method.

Reactions: Juan-Htown