New Member - In need of help

The valve with the black handle in your prior post is the selector for where the water goes. Turn off pump when changing the selector. Put it on rinse and turn on pump for a minute or two and it will back wash the filter grids helping to clean out any debris stuck in the fabric. You will then put back on filter setting and turn on pump and add DE to the skimmer.

You also want to make sure you turn the handle the same way each time. Always go clockwise or counter clockwise. Doesn't matter which you choose but choose one and stick to it. The rubber gasket inside can get caught and ripped.

This might help. The multiport handle says it's used with a "Pro-Grid" DE filter. These are instructions for a Pro-Grid. Not sure if it's exactly the same as yours but it's some place to start to understand how it works and what you should do to clean and maintain it. :lookhere: https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/ProGrid-DExx20.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

With a DE filter you will need a bigger box of DE. Make sure it's for pool use.

Attachments

• DE filter aid.jpg
    DE filter aid.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    Diatomaceous Earth splash 10lbs.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 46
POOL SETUP

POOL SETUP TOP VIEW

SALT CELL SERIAL NUMBER

PUMP SERIAL NUMBER

D.E. FILTER STICKER

CHEMICALS

- - - Updated - - -

finally got some pictures in.
sorry if its not in to full detail that every one is looking for.

I tried getting the d.e. filter tag, but it was on the back side of the wall, where you can see in my pool setup pic. it was hard to squeeze back there, so I just stuck my hand and phone around and tried to get the best picture I can.
also, the sun was going down, and there is a tree covering this entire area so its pretty shaded and dark.

my chemical picture, I thought I had some DE stuff, but I guess I was wrong.
one of the items, the tag is falling off, and its hard to see, I think it said its the phosfree? not sure what that is.

I hope this helps you guys, to help me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.