New Member, First Build...What have we gotten into?

One day it will all be done and you can have your life/yard/peace back!

Keep us updated!

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds nice.... We have not gotten in the hot tube yet..... Because they did not want us to start the Heater for 30 Days so we waited. Then finally this weekend, the pool guy came to start the spa and show us how to use it...... The Heater did not start! So, we have to call the warranty to have them to fix that.. So, no spa for us..... After 2 months the everything is paid for.....

Good thing there was not a camera there to take a picture of your face when you got THAT news! :(

Hopefully it will be a quick and easy fix. HUGS!

Kim

Adding some photos of the furniture that got delivered today. It's been so long, I forgot what everything looked like! I hope Martin & Dianne Kennedy are periodically checking in because when I got a glimpse of their table, it reminded me (at the time) of the table I ordered. Now I need to compare them photo to photo. Next on the list: outdoor rugs, umbrellas

First sunny day in awhile, I will see if we can get better water / pool photos.

Furniture set up to observe the kitchen appliances stacked on the fireplace

Untitled by Ranger_Bob, on Flickr

Dining area table:

Chaise lounges (in the distance) that will get moved once I get home :) Behind the chase lounges is the bare dirt where NO rye grass is sprouting yet.

Adding some photos of the furniture that got delivered today. It's been so long, I forgot what everything looked like! I hope Martin & Dianne Kennedy are periodically checking in because when I got a glimpse of their table, it reminded me (at the time) of the table I ordered. Now I need to compare them photo to photo. Next on the list: outdoor rugs, umbrellas

First sunny day in awhile, I will see if we can get better water / pool photos.

Furniture set up to observe the kitchen appliances stacked on the fireplace

Dining area table:

Chaise lounges (in the distance) that will get moved once I get home :) Behind the chase lounges is the bare dirt where NO rye grass is sprouting yet.

We are always checking in to see what's new. The fun part is the decorating and yes, we have the same taste in tables. It's really coming together.

I almost thought about not posting this, but figured you guys might shake your heads along with us. Our VERY HEAVY, long, long awaited countertop arrived yesterday, the PM asked if he could use our front loader to help move it. Bob went to look at it and said, "this has to go back, it's the wrong color". Back it went. :brickwall: - Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How wrong was it? I guess so wrong there is no way it would work?

Kim

They brought pieces that were black w/ brown veining instead of brown w/ black veining. I've reposted the raw piece & the inspiration piece we are aiming for so you can get an idea of how it would look a lot different if it was black and such a large surface area versus the brown that we wanted. I probably could have dealt with it if it was a lighter color but I really don't want a black countertop.

poured-concrete-counter-top by Ranger_Bob, on Flickr

Bob got the sense that the PM already knew it was wrong based on how he reacted and dealt with the situation. I suppose it was worth bringing to us to see if we could work with it but probably would have been best if he came in saying, "hey, we used the wrong color but before we have to re-do anything can I bring it out to see if you would like it?"

I almost thought about not posting this, but figured you guys might shake your heads along with us. Our VERY HEAVY, long, long awaited countertop arrived yesterday, the PM asked if he could use our front loader to help move it. Bob went to look at it and said, "this has to go back, it's the wrong color". Back it went. :brickwall: - Karen

Wow that is a really stupid mistake to make. You know they are going to try to strip it and re-use it. Be diligent and good luck!

I'm shaking my head, trust me! It's no new feeling; I've been shaking it for months at my own PB!

Oh no! How frustrating...we are using flagstone which I am sure I will hate in the long run! Just can't fork out anymore dough right now!

I happen to like flagstone quite a bit and saw it on your build. I think it will look great in your kitchen and there are times I wished we would have just stuck with that for our countertops. I'm sure when it's all done - I will be happy with the stained concrete....I better be - right :)

The furniture looks great!! Did you wind up going somewhere in DFW for that? We've been on the furniture hunt for a while now and just can't seem to the find the right one.
We ended up at Yard Art (the one in Lewisville, but I know there are others) We had stopped at a lot of places as well and that was the first one that gave us a selection of the types of things we were looking for and ended up with a mix of in stock floor sale items and custom ordered fabrics. And of course, they were very customer friendly as they stored my furniture for me since August! :) and then delivered it within 2 days of me calling and asking.

-Karen

That is Aweful....... I am glad that you guys stood your ground...... As for the pool furniture, I am glad that you guys found some at Yard Art..... I can not find anything yet at any stores that I visited.... Yard Art, Jackson home ND garden, Sunnyland, all the styles are more traditional than what I wanted.... I want something comteperary but not so out there....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.