New Mastertemp 400 "Service Heater"

sheree202

Gold Supporter
Jan 15, 2016
Lawrenceville, GA
We had our pool installed last year, but never used the heater. Today I turned it on from my EasyTouch panel and after a few minutes the "service heater" light came on. Any trouble shooting ideas? We had the proper gas meter installed.

We had our pool installed last year, but never used the heater. Today I turned it on from my EasyTouch panel and after a few minutes the "service heater" light came on. Any trouble shooting ideas? We had the proper gas meter installed.

Did the heater actually fire up and stay lit or did it try but not ignite?

I do not think it has ever ignited.

I’ll share with you the solution to my problem with the same heater...when I fired it up the first time, I failed to open the gas cutoff valve...it would attempt to light and then turn off...with the service light coming on....don’t tell anyone...

I’ll share with you the solution to my problem with the same heater...when I fired it up the first time, I failed to open the gas cutoff valve...it would attempt to light and then turn off...with the service light coming on....don’t tell anyone...

I won't tell anyone! :D

I wonder if something was missed during the heater installation. I just checked and our valve is open.

Are you getting an error code?

Are any of the diagnostic LEDs on?

There should be a gas valve on the gas line outside of the heater, make sure that it's open.

There's also a switch on the gas valve inside the heater. Make sure that the toggle switch is in the "On" position.

Also verify that the heater is set for the correct incoming voltage. It comes set to 240 volts with a selector plug. If the supply power is 120, you need to use the 120 plug.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.