New liner

mepcards

Sep 15, 2015
mesquite,tx
Ive posted in the past about my rust issues on my last two pools, and Im hoping we have a solution. I had someone finally come out and look at my issues, and to see what my options were going further. Before I even showed him the rust issues, he automatically said water is getting in from the beaded liner. On both of my pools, we selected to go with the beaded liner for the look, and no one ever said you could have issues by having a beaded liner. I have everyone telling me its the liquid chlorine, holes in the liner, apparently poor drainage , etc etc, but never because of a beaded liner. We are opting to go with a overlap liner, and see if that will prevent my pool from rusting within 3-4yrs. Looked into a semi-ingroud stealth pool, but after pool price and install, your looking at 30k easy.. We will just have Doughboy prorate the warranty again on the liner and wall, and hopefully be back in business before summer.

Was the water ever over the top edge of the liner ?

The two halves aren't particularly tight unless the liner is being pulled downward. Maybe that models crimp angle is particularly loose and enough splashing makes it behind the liner to cause issues.

600px-Liner_Edge.jpg

600px-Liner_Track.jpg

Use liner lock on the new one. It's a rubber wedge to hold it tighter in the track and can't hurt. It's $20 for 120 ft on amazon and takes minutes to wrap the pool.

Liner-lock-liner-bead-wedge-lock.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
I have an overlap & have rusting.
Being in the south my pool sweats. I imagine that has the most to do with it. Good yard drainage around & away from the pool is also an integral factor not to be overlooked. Its a work in progress at my house. I wish I would have taken it more seriously before installing the pool as its hard to fully correct now especially with the deck installed.

Reactions: phonedave
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.