New liner / total water refill

OK

Been at it for almost 2 months now

CYA 40
pH is 7.5
FC is typically 3.5 to 4 in the evenings when tested and then raised to around 6 with 8.25% Bleach as indicated
CC Zero (!)
TA is 80

Pool looks and feels fantastic thus far - super super happy!

Question about addition of bleach....

To raise my pool 1 ppm, I am adding 30 oz of 8.25% bleach
Does this seem like a lot?
I know that the numbers are what the numbers are, but, for some reason this seems like a lot of bleach
If FC is 3.5 as it was yesterday evening (93 degrees and crazy sunshine), I am adding 75oz of bleach to kick back to 6ppm.

Is a loss of 2.5 on a super hot, sunny day considered too much?
Is a target FC of 6 OK?

Haven't had any problems with TFPC as of yet, just making sure that I have a decent grasp on what I'm up to here.

thanks!!

One thing now that you've got a grasp on things you can do is to bump up your cya level up around 50. See if this helps slow down your chlorine usage.

One thing now that you've got a grasp on things you can do is to bump up your cya level up around 50. See if this helps slow down your chlorine usage.

very good

I've seen some conflicting things on the forum with respect to CYA and I guess the same CYA levels don't necessarily apply to every pool it would seem
I had the impression that a CYA of 50 was approaching the very upper limits - but, I guess, for me, that that level may be better than a 30 or 40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.