New-ish Pool - Incorrect Startup

Took a water sample over to Leslie's to check pH and TA as my Taylor won't read that low.

pH was just under 6 and TA was 40.

PB's tech came by shortly after and wanted to add 1 additional gallon of acid; now a total of 5 for ~12k gallons of water; I allowed it.

The pool is looking really good for 48 hours after plaster. I have a couple of white spots (see pics) no larger than a dime.

I'm assuming these will clear with continued brushing and time.

Attachments

• Swimout.jpg
    Swimout.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Deep End.jpg
    Deep End.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 55
Your TA should be close to 0 and PH 4 or less. No point in testing for that. Sounds like you are on the right track. I wouldn't use a SS brush. Just brush those couple spots more. You will just remove more plaster with a SS brush. How much longer do they want to run the acid start up? Time to start moving off of that. The fact that there is no more plaster dust is an indication to move off the acid up.

That is great news! Don't expect perfection.

Once the start up is complete be sure to manage your CSI. Dallas water is prone to scale, as evidenced by your coffee pot, shower, etc. Keep your CSI between- 0.3 and 0 to avoid scale and it will add a decade or more to your plaster.

More here, Pool School - Calcium Scaling

Ok, so today is day 4 (assuming we call day 1 the day of plastering).

I'm really happy with the look and feel. To me, this is perfectly acceptable. Thank you pooldv for reminding me not to expect perfection.

Still a small blotch or 2 and the strange small handfull of white spots, but it looks great.

I plan to have the PB's tech neutralize today...even texted him last night to make sure he's prepared.

Thanks to all!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.