New Intex UltraFrame, KC Saltwater system,and Intex 56671EG

Re: New Intex UltraFrame, KC Saltwater system,and Intex 5667

Sweet... thank you. I will be sure to take some pics of my progress. I am a little upset as I thought I had the ground leveled perfectly, but I have a couple either high spots or low spots by about 1 1/2". So next year those will be getting addressed. I want the water to be at the same line all the way around. (judging by the squares that is)

Here are some progress pics..

Had I thought to bury the piping while at the hardware store, I would have got the underground (grey or black) pvc, but whatever.. I just put it a couple inches under, mainly so it is out of the way.

IMG_20130702_204542_zpsb23dd95e.jpg

IMG_20130702_205307_zps63010eec.jpg

I obviously didn't do the skimmer side as I am planning to go with the Hayward Pools Wide Mouth Skimmer, but kind of thinking when I do that, I may Y the jet pipe and put two jets in.. (unless that is frowned upon.. maybe having another intake would be better? I am just tossing up ideas.

Also, note to self (and anyone else reading this) that about 8" round plastic thing that looks to hold the pvc thing inside the sand filter is not just for decoration. :hammer: This idiot had removed it, then just capped off the pipe inside.. Got it filled with the 100 lbs sand and was like.. alright, ready to go... until I tried to put the valve body back on... sh it was too high. So had to dump the sand into buckets, and re-do it with that.. :thequeen:

But wow this thing shoots the water.. And it makes a heck of a whirlpool in the skimmer.

Hoping I get the water stabilized by this weekend, so I can start up the saltwater dealy.

I was going to plumb from the output of the filter to the input of the saltwater thing, but had a blonde moment and was thinking I wouldn't be able to remove the valve body thing if I did... well duh, it screws on to the saltwater thing, of course I can remove it. Guess that is tonights project :) I actually had fun doing this as it was my first plumbing experience.. I know electrical, and wasn't sure if I knew how to do plumbing, but I guess the common sense kicked in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.