New Intex Pool

MK1985

Jul 9, 2011
Webster,Wi
This year we are replacing a 7 year old 18 foot round Intex that the legs rusted out. The new pool I have is the Intex with the dual intakes, those intakes are a smaller size connector and for now I want to use the in pool skimmer. I think I can cut into the liner the larger style intakes but both hoes go to a T with the smaller connectors, kind of a mess. What options can you tell me, I was thinking of eliminating one of the intakes with a plunger valve and just using one.

You’ve got lots of options. You can just leave the smaller suction holes as is, and use the hoses and tee supplied. I believe there might have been an included plunger valve to connect the smaller hoses with the pump.

You can certainly plug one of the suction holes. That’s what I did, since I have a skimmer.

You could cut cut the holes larger and use 1.5” fittings. That’s also what I did.

Here is my set up. I decided to use flex hose and PVC to make my own tee and to connect to the pump.

4A313BC4-58E3-4DB3-850A-5D61BD6480BE.jpg

You can see where I plugged one of the suction holes, but first I cut it larger. If I ever decide to use it, it will already be 1.5”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.