New Intex Above Ground 24*5 want to use bbb method Help?

rsuire

May 19, 2012
How to adjust my TA

New POOL above ground 24 * 5* swg, sand filter , want to use the bbb method .....
my question is the first two steps ...How to adjust my TA its 240 ...my ph is 8.4 .my cya is 30-50 ,fc is fine and so is my tc ...If I use murtic acid to lower the TA do I still use it when I add the borax?

I have a sand filter ,swg, and want to start the bbb method
fc is fine in liquid tester... 0/0 on stick
ph is 8.4 on both
TA is fine in liquid tester ....240 on stick
CYA is 30- 50

Salt is fine

If I read all the articles rite I have to bring my TA down to 70-80 and balance my PH 7.4-7.6
before I add the borax ? A little confussed right now as I dont know a thing about pools.
I just put a stablizer in the pool should I let this dissolve first before put the murtic acid to lower the TA? Then when I get the TA and PH stable start the borax? What is the amount of acid that can be put in to the pool a day or total ...The bbb topic has adding borax and acid ??

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

Re: How to adjust my TA

If you add borates with borax and muriatic acid, which is optional by the way, then yes you still use the calculated quantity of each even if you have used either of the beforehand for some other purpose.

You should lower your TA, that will also take care of lowering your PH at the same time. See the article in Pool School on how to lower your TA.

Hold off on adding borates until you have everything balanced.

I merged your topics into one. Please keep everything related to a single issue in one place. Thanks JasonLion

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.