New Intex 26' Ultra Frame Owners

So I have ordered a better pump and filter setup for our pool. Pentair SD60 to be exact. Since I will have a much better pump I was thinking of doing a few things below.

Intially I was contemplating replacing the overthewall skimmer with an inwall skimmer, however the idea of cutting the liner gives me heartburn. So for now I'm gonna stick with the overthewall skimmer. I am thinking though of using some PVC and adding an additional suction line to the pool by just going over the wall and down the side with the PVC, my question is should I put anything on the end of the PVC that is in the pool so the suction force isn't too strong for little kiddies hands, etc?

Also what would be a good depth for this second suction line, I was thinking of putting it towards the bottom of the pool to help filter water at the bottom.

I also think I am going to use some PVC and make a spray bar type feature that sprays into the pool. I'll use gate or ball valves on everything so I can adjust and or isolate.

On the suction, you want to make it as safe as possible. I'd put a cover on it as well as drill a bunch of small holes all the way around it in about a foot long section. Also tee it to the skimmer line so if it did get blocked the skimmer would provide relief for it.

yes, you will want something on the end of the PVC pipe.
I used an additional Intex suction port that has the mesh on it. This keeps the suction pressure to a minimum.
I dont know if it is beneficial or not but I placed mine as close I could to the bottom.

Some new pics showing our current progress.

DPP_4851-2.jpg

First part of deck work is done. Still have a larger lower level deck to build that will connect the deck in this picture to our back porch. And of course still have railings and stairs to put in but waiting till next part of deck is done.

DPP_4853-2.jpg

My good good friend Doug who has helped me from the beginning to setup the pool and build the deck. He works for little more than free food and a thank you, though I do throw some cashola his way. He has never built a deck before, heck neither have I, so we are both learning together.

DPP_4852-2.jpg

New addition to the family. This puppy sure does do a good job cleaning the bottom of the pool. I'll never fool with that silly hose and vacuum that came with the pool.

DPP_4854-2.jpg

Who needs a rickety kit ladder when you can have stairs. :party:

DPP_4855-2.jpg

Did I say I love the stairs. :party:

DPP_4856-1.jpg

THE REASON I AM DOING ALL THIS, MY PRIDE AND JOY

DPP_4857-1.jpg

My son and I cooling off in the crystal clear water. :party:

DPP_4858.jpg

Heck yeah I can do handstands. :whoot: :whoot: :whoot:

Thats all for now, I've got the new sand filter system just have to hook it all up. Probably tomorrow. I'll have more pics as progress continues on the rest of the decking.

Congratulations on your pool. It looks Great. I'm a newbie and have been scouring the web for info on pools. Today we ordered the 26' intex above ground pool. We are excited but a little overwhelmed. Since you have the exact same pool, I've read your posts like 5 times. It looks sooo great. You are going to enjoy it for sure. One thing I'm concerned with is the pump and filter. You say it's not big enough to do the job. We want to do things right the first time so we think we should go ahead and get a better pump and filter. I don't know where to begin. Holy moly. Do you have any suggestions? Are you happy with your upgraded pump/filter? And what about these in wall skimmers? Looks like a great idea but scares me to death. So many questions. :)

Hi everyone! I also became an owner of a 26' yesterday of the last pool on the east coast!!! Seriously..... I had my teenage daughter drive an hour to the Lynchburg VA wallyworld to get what they said was the last one and in good condition. Once we got off work and came home and saw the outside damaged box....needless to say I was sick....however, all the parts seem to be there and no damage to the liner that we can tell at this point. So what do you guys think? Return or go for it? I called the WM back and told them I couldn't believe they would see a pool in this bad of condition and they were very apologetic and of course I have the option to return BUT it is the very last one and they are SOLD OUT online!!! Oh yeah I did ask my 17 year old if she was blind...... :hammer: HELP

So I have ordered a better pump and filter setup for our pool. Pentair SD60 to be exact. Since I will have a much better pump I was thinking of doing a few things below.

Intially I was contemplating replacing the overthewall skimmer with an inwall skimmer, however the idea of cutting the liner gives me heartburn. So for now I'm gonna stick with the overthewall skimmer. I am thinking though of using some PVC and adding an additional suction line to the pool by just going over the wall and down the side with the PVC, my question is should I put anything on the end of the PVC that is in the pool so the suction force isn't too strong for little kiddies hands, etc?

Also what would be a good depth for this second suction line, I was thinking of putting it towards the bottom of the pool to help filter water at the bottom.

I also think I am going to use some PVC and make a spray bar type feature that sprays into the pool. I'll use gate or ball valves on everything so I can adjust and or isolate.

I'm curious how the additional suction line turned out? I'm a bit paranoid so I've thought maybe keep some sort of dive knife in the pool next to the port, so if you got caught you could slash the side and all the water rushes out (I did that from the outside last time I replaced my pool - instead of taking days to drain it was a couple of seconds).

Also, can you tell us how well the legs are holding up? I have an ultraframe that some legs are completely rusted after 2 years, though the entire thing was shifted a few inched by a hurricane so I'm thinking the finish on the metal of the legs got cracked so that's why rust.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.