New intelliflo clicking noise

JFarr

Mar 20, 2023
Austin texas
Afternoon everyone,

I just installed a brand new intelliflo pump. When I start the pump at low rpm, like 1000 or lower the pump makes a consistent clicking sound. The sound seems to be coming from the area of the impeller and not the cooling fan.

If I increase the rpm to 1500 or above the sound goes away. I can then decrease the rpm back down to 1000 or lower and the clicking will stay gone until I shut the pump off again.

Is this a symptom of something I should be worried about on my new pump? Seeing as this was a dyi install I have a very short warranty window.

Thank you for your time,
Joseph

Jo,

Does not sound normal to me.. The fan end does some times cause a noise if the fan blade hits the cover. But if the noise is coming from the impeller end, it is not anything normal.

Let's see what @JamesW has to say about it..

Thanks,

Jim R.

That is a weird sound.

I would file a warranty claim.
So would I. It sounds like maybe there's something loose rattling around in there which gets picked up & carried around at higher speeds and stays lodged when reducing speed. Perhaps something fell in there during the pump assembly at the factory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.