New in-ground spa: Bellecrete pre cast coping showing blotchy marks

ms.claudiao

Jul 18, 2022
los angeles, california
Hello friends: We had an in-ground spa completed in December of 2021. The coping around the spa is a pre-cast concrete, unsealed. A few months after the spa was completed and filled with water, we started noticing blotchy marks on the coping. I had the contractor come by and he took some pics to "show the coping company" but I have not yet to receive any suggestions for correcting. The close up where the most blotching occurs is right above the step. See photos and if anyone has any insight as to what is happening and how it can be corrected, if it can, I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• Spa coping 1.jpg
    Spa coping 1.jpg
    658.5 KB · Views: 25
  • spa coping 2.jpg
    spa coping 2.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 25
  • spa coping 3.jpg
    spa coping 3.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
How was the spa constructed? Is it a gunite shell with plaster and tile? Do you have any pictures of how it was constructed?

Mine looks the exact same , my pool and spa coping and it’s precast concrete
PB tells me the moisture from the pool causes it…. He says it’s normal …here’s a pic no one has been in pool in over 48 hours and it’s over 100 here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    682.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 19
How was the spa constructed? Is it a gunite shell with plaster and tile? Do you have any pictures of how it was constructed?
It is a Gunite shell and then we have pebble fina and tile. I have attached some photos. last photo was right after all was complete.

Attachments

• IMG_4543.jpeg
    IMG_4543.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3992.jpeg
    IMG_3992.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3989.jpeg
    IMG_3989.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3988.jpeg
    IMG_3988.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4538 (1).jpeg
    IMG_4538 (1).jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 16
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.