New In-ground Pool Central Florida

The pavers are artistic pavers Shellock in Ivory.
The paver guys look like they knew what they were doing. It looks really nice. I am going to have the same pavers installed soon on my build, 24”x24” though.

How much space did they leave between your coping pavers for grout?

The paver guys look like they knew what they were doing. It looks really nice. I am going to have the same pavers installed soon on my build, 24”x24” though.

How much space did they leave between your coping pavers for grout?
Its about 1/8”. It you zoom in on the photos you can see it.

After a short Christmas hiatus, we are on the home stretch. I got a late Christmas present when the plaster company showed up this morning! The good part is that I am home this week working on my landscaping, so I was able to watch them. It took them a little over 3 hours, and looks awesome so far. I couldn’t get a soild answer out of them if they would return tomorrow to acid wash (considering it is a Saturday and Holiday weekend). They got rained out yesterday, so I am assuming they will be. How long can they wait to acid wash?
Since the last post, I had my fence installed, pool safety inspection, and laid 7 pallets of sod with my neighbors help. Most of it actually was on his property and was all from damage from my pool guys. It was of course a lot more than I was expecting, but doing it myself saved a bunch of money.

Attachments

• IMG_0174.png
    IMG_0174.png
    106.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0212.jpeg
    IMG_0212.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    161.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0221.jpeg
    IMG_0221.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0222.jpeg
    IMG_0222.jpeg
    125.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0223.jpeg
    IMG_0223.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 43
So a little update- As I suspected, due to the holiday weekend they didn’t come back until Tuesday to acid wash and fill. If I would have known that upfront, I would have made them push the plaster until Tuesday. I put it in writing that I was concerned, and they replied that they give me a warranty and would not jeopardize the warranty. At least we had very ’Florida Cool’ weather , and everything looks good!
Started the fill at about 9:30 AM Tuesday and went to work. The following day, I was watching it fill via camera and had my neighbor who works from home checking it for me. I expected it to be filled by about 2:30 pm based on gpm meters on the hoses, but it just wouldn’t get past the bottom of the tile. When I got home, the pool company
start up guy had already come to start everything and removed one of the hoses, but it still was’t progressing, so I put the wand hose back in. A few hours later I went out to check on it and heard water flowing into my dry well which is connected to my deck drain and AutoFill/overflow. I opened up the autofill cover and realized they never connected the autofill and thought that was the problem, but after installing it, the flow wasn’t stopping. I ran to Lowes to buy a cap(of course I didn’t have any around that size), and just cut the line before the dry well and capped it, which allowed the pool to fill up the rest of the way within about an hour and half. I was cursing the pool builder the whole time, until later in bed that night I looked up the auto fill/drain Plumbing Instructions on their website, and realized that the float only dealt with the flow portion, not drain. At that point, I realized that it is basically an only a pipe and needs to turn back up and not be pitched like a drain! I can only blame myself because I am the one that took the pipe nobody terminated and put it into the dry well.. opps! I estimate I used an extra 1,800 gallons of water!

I connected the panel tonight to my phone and was able to turn on the lights and am in Love!! I have pool school Wednesday and Landscaping/Artificial turf left.IMG_0167.jpegIMG_0280.pngIMG_0257.jpegIMG_0259.jpegIMG_0272.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
I have slowly been working on the landscaping, and planted about 30 bushes today and two palm trees this morning. Artificial turf comes in next week, so I will get that installed in the next few weeks.

I do have a question for everyone though. I realize that the builder forgot to add the actuator for the deck jets, so they came this week and added it. My question- right now my iAqualink only controls the jet deck and not the spa spill over. Is there a way to program that valve to control both the deckjets and spa spillover?

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpeg
    IMG_0347.jpeg
    504.9 KB · Views: 10
With my understanding of the way pool automation and valves work, if you want to be able to run both and the option to have one or the other, you would need a second valve. And from looking at the rest of your plumbing, it looks like you can't have the deck jets running while the spa is running. This same PB had to replumb my features three times to get things the way I had specified them to work. I also have a separate feature pump as part of this.

It is good to see they may have come to their senses and they have plumbed the SWCG ahead of the pool/spa valve. They were adamant with my build that this could not be done, as it would over-chlorinate the spa. Sigh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.