New IG Pool in N. Houston

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the kind words. We have been enjoying the spa and look forward to keep enjoying the pool in a couple months.

The travertine color is noce from QDI, my wife and I had a hard time deciding but glad we went with it. The installers said that the lighter colors are blinding with the sun reflection. Not sure how accurate that is.

The builder was liquid extreme, great guys, and the total came in the high $50k range. 1100sq ft of travertine paver decking took a large chunk of that.

Here is a recent picture of the complete pool.
ujabamy4.jpg
je2yja5u.jpg

I also recently installed a stenner pump and love it. Would recommend it to anyone.
ehugajur.jpg

The travertine is absolutely beautiful. How did they tie into the existing slab that came off your house? Was that part of your foundation?

I have the same situation....hoping they can make it work as i love the travertine look but i dont want an ugly existing slab left uncovered.

Do you remember what you paid per sf for it?

The house originally came with a concrete patio that was part of the foundation. We later added the extended patio and tied the concrete with rebar to the house foundation. When we built the pool they put the pavers over the concrete and built the rest with whatever material they use for pavers. Looks really good; you can't tell where the old stops and the new starts.

I do not know the cost of the pavers but it was a $7k difference between pavers and kool deck.

Very nice! Who was your builder? Also.... i see in your construction photos that you had controls for your sprinkler system zones. Was that a pain to relocate? I have some in the way of where I want to install my equipment pad.

Thanks.... The sprinkler valves were all in the way and I thought that meant a total sprinkler system rebuild but when the guys got here they found the broken lines and within a few hours the entire system was back functional.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.