New IG Pool in Cypress Texas! *New Pics Pool Filled 9/6/13*

TexSS

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 5, 2012
Hi,

Been lurking awhile as my wife and I have been discussing getting a pool. Finally decided with the interest rates so low to refinance the house and start a pool. Started getting bids from PB's the last week of April. We have finally decided on a PB that did one of our neighbors pools and is also the personal friend of that neighbor. Great guys and easy to work with.

We just gave them the go ahead on Saturday so they should be lining up the applications and permits today. Probably be 30 days until it gets through our HOA and they can start digging. Now the wait begins... :sleep:

I'll start including pics as soon as there is any to share. In the meantime I have included the specs and the blueprint.

BTW, great site. It has been an immeasureable help in our choices of equipment and style.

General Specifications
Style - Custom
Size – 24’ x 26 ½’
Pool Square Footage – Approximately 513 Square Feet
Perimeter - 107’
Depth – 3 ½’ x 5’ x 4’

Structural Specifications
Excavation - Bobcat Dig
Steel Schedule - #3 Reinforcing Bars 8” O.C.
#3 Reinforcing Bar Deck Dowels 32” O.C.
Pool Structure - 4000 PSI Gunite (6 ½ Sack Mix)
Walls - 6” Minimum Thickness, Floor - 6” Minimum Thickness
Coves - 8” Minimum Thickness, Bond Beam - 12” Box Style w/ 4/#4 Reinforcing Bars
8’ Custom Double Wall Spa, Raised 12”
Bench (with step-up) around Spa
18’ of 12” Raised Double Wall, finished on all sides
2 / 3’ Sheer Descent Waterfalls, 3 Bubblers in Large First Step

Pool Equipment
Filter – 100 Sq. Ft Pentair Quad D.E. Cartridge Style Filter
System Pump – Pentair IntelliFlo XF
Water Feature Pump – Pentair 2 HP Whisperflo
Pentair EasyTouch 8 Automated Control System, with IntelliChlor and Wireless Remote Control
Heater - 400,000 BTU, Electronic Ignition, Low Nox, Pentair MasterTemp
Cleaner – Pentair Legend (w/ Booster Pump)
Erosion Type Chlorinator - Rainbow 320 In-line Automatic
Pool Lighting - 2 Pentair Intellibrite 5g White LED Pool Lights
Spa Lighting - Pentair Intellibrite 5g White LED Spa Light
Main Drains - 4 Anti-Vortex Pool Drains, and 2 Anti-Vortex Spa Drains
Skimmers - 2
Returns - 6 Directional in Pool
Spa Jets - 8 Waterway Deluxe Series in Side, 4 Floor Jets
Air Blower - 1 ½ HP QT

Plumbing Specifications
Pipe - All 2” Schedule 40 (except as designated below)
2 ½” Schedule 40 Spa Return Pipes
3” Schedule 40 Spa Suction Pipes
3” Schedule 40 Manifold at Equipment Pad
1 ½” Schedule 40 Cleaner Return Pipe
Separate Skimmer Lines and Main Drain Lines to Equipment
Pool Miser Automatic Fill Line w/ Anti- Siphon Valve Included
Spa Boost Bypass Plumbing System Included

Pool Coping and Tile
Nysa Travertine Coping
Waterline Tile – Standard Choice
Spa Facing, Front and Sides of Raised Wall Facing – Honey Gold Classic Split Faced
Back of Raised Wall Facing – Standard Tile
Plaster – Pebble Sheen (Level 1 Color) - Aqua Blue

Pool Decking and Drainage
Pool Decking - 603 Sq. Ft of Walnut Tumbled Travertine Decking atop 4” Poured Concrete
Concrete Reinforcement - #3 Reinforcing Bars tied on 14” Centers
Deck-O-Seal between Pool Coping and Decking
Gutter Drain – Yes, Tied into Deck Drains
Deck-O-Drain between House and Decking
Deck Drains to Street

Utilities Included
Pool Heater Gas Line - 1 ½” Poly Pipe – All Footage Included
Pool Electrical Hook Ups - All Footage Included
Electrical Sub-panel – EasyTouch

Maintenance Equipment
Brush, Leaf Net, Telescopic Pole, Test Kit, Vacuum Head, Hose
Start-up Chemicals Included
Pool School Included

Site Clean Ups
Gunite Clean Up
Final Clean Up

Warranties
25 Year Structural Warranty
Equipment Warranties by Manufacturers

Extra Items Included in Bid
GFCI Protected Electrical Outlet and Light at Equipment Pad
Volleyball and Umbrella Anchors
Multicoat Mulasticoat and Scratch Kote Application to Pool and Spa upper interior area
Approximately 266 SF of Concrete Break Out

Added
Screenlogic 2
2 Intellibrite 5g Pool Lights and 1 Intellibrite 5g Spa Light
3 ColorCascade Bubblers

~TexSS

Attachments

• Pool 5-20-13.PNG
    Pool 5-20-13.PNG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,739
Re: New IG Pool in Cypress Texas!

TexSS said:
Harbor Pools is the PB. I've PM'd the quote.
I live in Spring and am in the process of looking for a PB. Is there anyway that you could pm that info to me as well? I really want to know what I am getting into. :-D

Thank you!

I am looking at adding 3 Pentair ColorCascade LED Light Bubblers. The orginal quote had 3 standard bubblers on the entry shelf before the stairs. I asked the PB to quote adding the ColorCascades instead but what he is quoting me sounds a little high on the installation side. What do you think?

"The cost of installation of the Pentair ColorCascade LED Light Bubblers (3 of them) is $ 2,113. The Bubblers with the transformer cost me
$1,180. My Electrician charges me $933. to install the transformer and run electrical to each of the three LED units."

I am getting the Pentair Color LED lights. 3 of them. 2 in the pool and 1 in the spa. Don't they come with a transformer already and the electric cable runs should already be nearby as one of the pool lights is close to the stair and would have to route the electric around the stair to get to the equipment.

Not sure about this one. What do ya'll think?

HOA has approved it. Now we are waiting for the Gunite schedule. Due to the huge concrete shortage in Houston right now the earliest the Gunite crew can come out is 7/22. So now the plan is to dig on 7/19, rebar and piping over the weekend and then Gunite on 7/22.

They PB scheduled the Gunite the same day that he submitted the proposal to the HOA. So it's a 60 day lead time on Gunite.

So it's hurry up and wait!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Due to the huge concrete shortage in Houston right now (I think someone is pulling your leg )2 pools in my neighbor hood ,went in on short notice last week . wow 1 month wait call, modern method gunite ask about time frame/supply I truly dont know ,but i cant believe your having to wait on gunite . more like contractors during the busy season.

We do alot if concrete in my industry and we are on a 30 to 60 day wait list for pouring pads. I got contractors waiting for concrete. Not the other way around.

Just got off the phone with the PB. Due to all the rain this week and the threat of more this weekend they want to move the dig out to the 29th. Sucks but I'll defer to them.

It was supposed to be dig tomorrow, steel and plumbing on Sat, and gunite on Monday. With the hole being open from Friday evening to Monday morning and rain all 3 days being 30 to 50% they are concerned of part of the walls collasping.

Now they will dig on Monday the 29th, steel and plumbing on Tues and gunite on Wed. Sigh...

I'd be on at your pool company because it seems like they keep on putting you off. Plenty of pool builds are going on in Cypress right now (I also live in Cypress and there are 3 going on right now just in my section of my neighborhood).

I'd have lost my patience by now with them if I were you. We're waiting on our HOA at the moment so we can commence our dig and I'm getting impatient enough about that already!

Good luck!!!

It seems like it but I trust these guys. I know them outside of being our PB.

And then after reading zephard's thread ( post547893.html#p547893 ) I feel better about our decision to wait. As much as I want to get the process started so we can start swimming ASAP, I want the pool to be as perfect as we can get it. If that means we reduce risk by waiting another week then so be it.

I have a bunch of pics to add of the back yard before they marked it up, after they marked it up. I was going to wait until they broke ground to post but I'll probably add them tonight.

Some pics while I wait...

Before marking it out...

e7a2a3yj.jpg

usadahe5.jpg

a7u2e5ed.jpg

After marking out the pool... (This was on Monday and the rain had started)

e2epa7u9.jpg

qu5uda2e.jpg

yveregar.jpg

6eje9ehu.jpg

tynajyse.jpg

uqu6uqar.jpg

u8uryduq.jpg

uvequryq.jpg

a6u9e3ah.jpg

zyneje3u.jpg

Rain rain go away.

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They came on Sunday to dig and today for rebar. Tomorrow for plumbing and Wednesday (my birthday!) to gunite!

a8uha4y9.jpg

2y3yte5y.jpg

5y8e3e7a.jpg

etaquba8.jpg

penyva4a.jpg

ry3ugudu.jpg

Will post rebar soon! Finally feel like we might get a pool!

~TexSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.